Monday, October 09, 2006

Go with the Good Stuff

Go with the Good Stuff
When you are in doubt about what to say in blog, I think it is best if you go with your good stuff. In this case, my Good Stuff today is the current Woman of the Moment, Salma Hayek. I'mnot certain if this is best color combination or not.



My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon phoned me today. I think she is bored right now.

The big discussion item for today was a new dishwasher for her town home. I haven’t purchased a dishwasher in maybe four or five years so that means I am not much help. The one I have works fine and cleans my dishes relatively quietly. That is about all you can ask from a dishwasher.

Sharon wanted to know where she could go to buy to one; I gave her three suggestions of Sears, Lowe’s, and Home Depot. That seemed like a straight forward set of choices to me. This being Sharon on the other end of the phone we had to discuss why I selected those three vendors.

Then we talked about brands of dishwashers. I told Sharon what brand I purchased from Lowe’s, I think it was on sale at the time. We didn’t come to any conclusions about what brand to buy.

Lisa the Matchmaker
I sent Lisa the Matchmaker an email today. Today was Day Eight in the Liz the Lonely telephone vigil.

I said that I was casting off, catching the ebbing tide with an off shore breeze, sailing away. I was in a nautical metaphor mood today. I can use nautical metaphors since I was served as an officer in the United States Navy.

Liz the Lonely must have gone to the wrong pier and missed my ship’s sailing.

Anyway, I have moved on.

I wonder if Lisa the Matchmaker has any more prospects for me.

Carbon Dating Myself
I can remember when a Near Letter Quality dot matrix printer was a cool printer.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home