Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Out and About

Out and About
I was out and about today. I had a bunch of errands to run so I figured that I could do them today and have all of that stuff out of the way for the week.

Most of my errands were not time specific. Five errands were independent of any time requirement. Only one was time dependent; that was picking up my prescriptions this afternoon. For some silly reason, my doctor doesn’t give me six month renewals on medicine he says I have to take for the rest of my life.

Maybe he likes to get phone calls from the female pharmacy clerks.

Let me give you an example. I’m a diabetic and that is that and it what it is. I have to do the blood sugar testing daily. So I need and use the disposable test strips and the needles every day. Instead of giving me a six month renewal, I got a one month extension.

Does he think that my diabetes will disappear overnight and that I will no longer need to prick my fingers ever day?

This is such a frustration and waste of time because I now have to call the pharmacy several days before I run out so they can call my doctor and ask if they can renew the prescription. This has got to be expensive and wasteful process for the pharmacy and the health insurance company and the managed care company.

This afternoon I will finish my errands with the run the local pharmacy and then a stop at the market since I am out of food or almost out of food now.

The trip to the pharmacy was not without its surprises. The three prescriptions that had to be called in to my doctor for his approval were sitting there, waiting for me. The one that still had a couple of renewals left on it wasn’t ready. I had to wait for a few minutes while they found the box the diabetes blood test strips.

The market was interesting. It is located in the same retail center as the pharmacy; convenient for me. I got my food quickly but got distracted towards the end of the shopping trip. What should have been a forty minute trip turned into an hour and a half trip.

My friend Sharon called me for the second time today. She wanted me to email an article to a business acquaintance of hers. I had emailed the article to Sharon but she was not anywhere near a computer so she couldn’t access the article. Then we talked for another twenty minutes. It felt strange talking to her on my cell phone while I was in the market. People were looking at me like I was evil.

I was on my way to the checkout clerk when I ran into the retired CEO of where I had been working. We caught up on what we were doing and what was happening in the industry. He had emailed me earlier this week about getting together with one of the other consultants at the old office and having lunch there and doing the sudoku puzzle of the day.

I told him that I thought the other consultant had ended his engagement at the end of September. I suggested that we have lunch on Friday at El Gringo. He was surprised that I mentioned El Gringo because someone else had favorably mentioned it to him as well. We may have lunch there on Friday if our schedules stay open.

My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called me this morning. She wanted to know why I wasn’t home yesterday when she called me and why I didn’t answer my home phone this morning when she called me.

Inquisitive of her.

I told her that I had been out running around yesterday when she called and that it was nice at the beach so I was driving with the windows down and the radio on so I probably didn’t hear the call or I could have been in a bad cell spot.

Sharon said we could have gone to lunch today if I had picked up her calls.

Life happens.

We talked some more and set a tentative late lunch plan for tomorrow in Pasadena somewhere. It is her choice of where we go for lunch since she is buying. It will be nice to have her pay for a meal for a change. It will be interesting to see where we end up.

Doug
Doug called to check and see how things were with me. I was fine except that I haven’t gone to the local surf and skate shops to check out the Lakai skate shoes. He said I could always go behind the Orange Curtain again and check out some other surf and skate shops in the South O. C. besides Laguna Surf and Sand.

I may do that if I have no more luck finding the Lakais here.

Woman of the Moment
I suppose I could have used the Microsoft photo editor function and trimmed or centered the Salma Hayek photos. I thought about doing that for about five minutes and then said, “You should pass Chuck.” It is too much work for you and the image is clear as it is.

I had to agree with myself; sometimes, I am just down right brilliant in my arguments.



Liz the Lonely
It is Day Three of the Liz the Lonely telephone vigil.

I haven’t gotten a call yet from Liz the Lonely as of the time I posted this blog entry. Of course, she could always be running late or incredibly messed up with work and distractions like that.

What would Dr. Freud say about me placing Liz the Lonely right after the Woman of the Moment?


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home