Sunday, October 08, 2006

Weekend Update - October 8

My Brother
My brother called me on Friday after he read the Thursday blog.


He was excited about the Avocado Chicken Bacon Cheese Eggroll from L.A. Show photo that I had in the blog. The next time he is in town, we will be going there and the first order of business will be two orders of the Eggroll.

My brother also urged me to go see FLYBOYS. He thought I would enjoy the film because it is based on actual events since I enjoy military history. He particularly liked the CGI dogfights. Unfortunately for the film, his praise came too late for me to catch it since it has disappeared from the local cinemas.

Visitors
Last week was another good week for foreign visitors to the blog.

We had visitors from the United Kingdom [2], Belgium, India, Romania, Greece [2], Canada, Unknown Country [2], Japan, Australia [4], Argentina [2], Singapore, and Hong Kong.

There were no curious visitors but we did have one visitor who viewed 29 pages in less than ten minutes. This visitor must have been looking at the photos or else was a very good speed reader with a very high speed connection.

Liz the Lonely
Today is Day Seven in the Liz the Lonely telephone vigil.

I guess she must be really busy since I haven’t had a call from her all week.

Oh well, life does happen and it is time to cast off and sail on to new destinations and relationships. Liz is going to become an interesting part of my past. Lisa and my friend Vivian both know Liz and they both thought she would be a good match for me. Vivian emailed me Friday and said she thought Liz would call me very soon.

El Gringo
I went to El Gringo on Friday with the retired CEO where I had been working and had a Grilled Mahi Mahi Tostada for lunch.


The tostada, as you can see, did not come in the usual basket shape. The tostada ingredients were just sort of piled on top one another. The grilled mahi mahi was not as seasoned as the tacos that I had for lunch – dinner last Sunday. I thought there was a bit too much lettuce. Still it was a good meal.

Maybe I should have had a taco salad which sounds more like a tostada that I am used to.

Of course, I went to El Gringo today and had a Chili Relleno and a Taco for lunch. The taco was a beef taco instead of the chicken that I had requested. The kitchen made the error.


Anyway, it was not as spicy as I thought it might be and that was a pleasant surprise for me. I was definitely filled when I left the restaurant this afternoon.

I had the same server today as I did last weekend. When I spoke to her last weekend, she said she thought she would be the regular Sunday afternoon server person. I should have asked her for her name but I forgot to do that. I can correct that shortfall next week.



Our Utes redeemed themselves Thursday night in Salt Lake City by beating the defending Mountain West Conference 2005 football champion, Texas Christian University, 20-7.

Utah has now moved to a record of 4-2 and 2-0 in the Conference. If the school plays out well, it is likely that our Utes may get a post season bowl game invitation. I know it won’t be to a major bowl game and that is good. Playing in a post season bowl game is much better than watching it on television from your home. The school will get more televisions time and possibly some national attention and that will help with recruiting for next year.

Utah dominated in almost all statistical categories including the most important one, the final score. Last week, Utah’s offense and defense took the day off and they came back on Thursday. Utah had 354 yards of total offense while TCU only had 310, of which 141 yards came in the Fourth Quarter when TCU tried to rally and come from behind to win the ball game.

Nest week, our Utes travel to Laramie to play Wyoming. Wyoming is not having a good year with a record of 2-4 and 1-1 in the Conference. So that means the Utes will have to play tough and alert football next week or they risk getting their pride handed to them by an upset minded Cowboy team.

Woman of the Moment
Salma Hayek is always a great way to pass some time.




My Friend Sharon
My friend Sharon called to tell me that she received and accepted a very nice job offer. Her new company gave her almost everything she wanted in terms of benefits and perquisites. I was very happy for her success.

This should mean I will get fewer calls from her now.

Sharon told me that I still have to be available to proof read her work and answer her questions and generally help her out whenever she has a problem or question. I hope I don’t get too many calls from her.


That was my weekend gentle readers. I hope you had a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home