Thursday, September 28, 2006

Weekend Preview

Weekend Preview
Part of my weekend is up in the air as of now.

Doug and I had talked past week about getting together to grab lunch while I pick up some new Lakai skateboard shoes. Last Friday was bad for him so we talked about this Friday as an alternative. I told Doug I would call him today and let him know how my schedule was for Friday.

Friday is good for me. Doug has to stick around and wait for a serviceman to show up at his house. He won’t know when the service man will show until 7:30 AM tomorrow.

I said that’s ok; you can call me when you find out what the schedule is. We can go a little later in the day and everything is fine. If the service call is too late, we can always go next Friday if our schedules mesh.

The only other event for me for the weekend is the dissertation writing.

Epiphany
I had one of those “shaft of sunlight” moments this morning when I was taking a shower.

I realized that there are two ways to get rid of the Coca Cola Blak in my refrigerator. One is to drink them. The other method is to empty the bottles in the sink and then toss them out. The idea of tossing a possibly good product down the drain bothers me. I really hate to waste stuff.

Vivian’s Man of the Moment
This week, my friend Vivian the Credit Analyst picked Robert Hoffman who was in the Amanda Bynes film SHES THE MAN. Vivian said that she went to see the film because her group financed the production. Vivian likes tall men and since Hoffman is 74 inches / 188 centimeters tall; that may have influenced her judgment.


Woman of the Moment
Salma Hayek is the new Woman of the Moment. Salma Hayek is 62 inches / 157 centimeters tall. I like shorter women. According to the Internet Movie Database, she measures 36C-25-37 inches or 91-64-94 centimeters.



Some of the photos are the artsy type where the image is off-center. Personally, I hate that style of photography. Why take a photo unless you are going to show the primary image so everyone can see it?

Salma Hayek turned 40 this month. She does age well.

I like older women also.

El Gringo
I will be going to El Gringo on Sunday for a middle of the afternoon lunch and early dinner. I think I may have something that is modestly healthy for me for my meal. I’m leaning towards Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos have them with rice and beans.

So far, I’ve been to El Gringo and every time I have been there, I had a different server. I wonder who will be my server on Sunday.

Odds and Ends
I received my California General Election Voters Booklet in the mail yesterday. It is over 190 pages long and a lot of the pages are awfully small type fonts. I may try to struggle through the booklet this weekend as a writing break if the sun is out on the balcony.

My wrist tan line from wearing a watch is about gone now. I am comfortable going around without a watch on. I have gotten used to checking the cell phone for the time.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home