Monday, January 29, 2007

Almost Longest Day

Almost Longest Day
Today seemed like the almost longest day to me.

I was draggin’ for most of the day.

I think it was the extra two hours that I spent at school working on learning how to use the school’s computer system. I was able to log onto the grade book and attendance programs. That was nice.

I am going to spend the next week building grade books for my five classes. I hope to finish this before the end of the term.

I was probably having a mild sugar low by the time I reached home. I had some iced coffee with a lot of sugar and things seemed to be much better for me.

Woman of the Moment
I decided to have a double Woman of the Moment for the next week or two. We will have Gong Li and Michelle Yeoh as Women of the Moment. I think alternating the two actresses made sense to me.

Gong Li is 41 and 67 inches / 170 centimeters tall. According to IMDb.com, she has been in 29 films.

Michelle Yeoh is 44 and is 64 inches / 163 inches tall. According to IMDb.com, she also has appeared in 29 films. Both women are of Chinese extraction.



Michelle Yeoh



Gong Li

School
I spoke to my department chair about the big failure rate for my Microeconomics mid term examination. He was not pleased with the results but, also, was not surprised at the high failure rate because of the erratic teaching schedule. Five teachers in five weeks are not conducive to learning.

I think his suggestions will improve the pass rate and not unfairly penalize the students. This ought to make things better for the students. On the plus side, the mid term is only 15% of their grade so they have room to improve.

It will be interesting to see how they react on Wednesday night and how my faculty evaluation comes in from this class.

Life happens


Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home