Monday, January 22, 2007

It's Monday

It’s Monday
It’s Monday and that meant another class for me. I am one more week closer to the end of the term from hell. The term is troubling because I came in half way through the quarter and I have had to pick up all of the pieces. I think I am making some progress and I will be able to bring the term to a successful conclusion.

The school made some progress this week also. They have some passwords and access for me to the some of the school systems. Now, all I need is the network to accept me as a system user. Then, I can feel like I belong at the school.

I only have five students in my Monday class; they are the same students as my Thursday class. This is my favorite class group and the one that I put the most effort into making their lessons sound and intellectually stimulating. I think most of the students are trying hard so that is gratifying for me.

Monday is also a day of lesson plans. Actually, any day is a day for lesson plans for me or grading homework assignments. I hope I get to teach some of the same classes in the next term. That way, I won’t have so many lesson plans to write. Updating a lesson plan is relatively easy because the core material doesn’t change all that much.

I was able to get the study guide out to my microeconomics students by today so it looks like they ought to be able to do reasonably well on the examination. I would hate to see half of the class fail the examination, mostly because of prior poor instruction.

The Wedding
I spoke to the Princess for half an hour about the wedding today.

She had been out looking for a wedding and reception locations over the weekend. She said it went very badly. The visit to the one location where they really wanted to hold the wedding was terrible and very unhelpful.

One less location to consider I guess.

We talked about who to invite. It seems we had a common set of invitees; that was a good sign. We talked about who will be invited and who is not likely to show up. The Princess said she wanted Doug to act as an usher. She figured that he was not ready to be a groom’s man and wear a tuxedo. Doug will get to slide and wear a dark suit. I expect to be wearing a tuxedo; after all, events like this only happen once.

Woman of the Moment
Here we have three more Jamie Frontz photos to help you face the start of the week.






I wish I had more to say today. For some reason, nothing much happened in my life that I felt was noteworthy. Maybe Tuesday will be better for me.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home