Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Changes

Changes
Life is full of changes. It can happen at any point in time. It happened for me this afternoon.

I guess the technical school where I started teaching last week is having more trouble with their teachers. I got a phone call from the human resources manager this afternoon.

He wanted to know if I was interested in teaching two more classes.

Not knowing any better, I asked what the classes were.

The human resources manager said one was Microeconomics and the other was Research Methods. My undergraduate minor was in Economics and I took some economics course in my MBA program. Since I am writing my doctoral dissertation, I should know something about research methods.

I felt like being a nice guy so I said that I would teach the courses for the balance of the term.

There are only three problems with these new classes. First, they are on Wednesday and Thursday evening from 6:00 to 9:20 PM so that means I will miss my Korean daily soap opera. This is not too bad of a burden since I can still see three other episodes. The show is coming to a conclusion with most to the primary story arcs. Last night was Episode 125 so I do not think there will be too many more; maybe another twenty or so.

Second, the students have been suffering with one new substitute all term long and this is the half way week. Third, I am filling in for an instructor who is out on medical leave. The instructor can recover and return to teach and then where am I? I don’t have an answer for that question yet.

I start my evening teaching tomorrow night.

I get to spend the day after the morning class in lesson plan preparation since it makes no sense to go to school for my morning class and then come home and drive back for the evening class. I might consider the drive if gasoline was going for USD$1.99 a gallon.

Programming Note
It seems likely that I am not going to be able to post a blog tomorrow or Thursday since I will not be getting home until sometime after 10:00 PM. I think it will take me a few days to get my life reorganized and back to being able to post a blog on the old regular basis.

Doug
Doug came over to Dad’s place yesterday so he could avoid the nasty traffic on the 405 Freeway in the morning on his way to his internship at the Sony Picture lot in Culver City. We had a take out dinner from Fatburger last night. The Fatburgers that I had were good; Doug liked his Kingburger.



Tonight, we will be having sautéed salmon with gringo rice and a tomato and lettuce salad. I will have a glass of wine with my dinner. I think Doug will probably have water although I may try to talk him into finishing the last can of Guinness that was left over from Christmas dinner.

Job Searching and Interviewing
I sent a resume into a search firm in response to an online job opening posting yesterday afternoon. I got a call from the recruiter this morning. She was excited that my background was exactly what the client was looking for. That was a nice phone call; I will see what happens next.

If the client likes me and I like them, I might have to relocate but still stay in California. The job location is three hours from my house so that is beyond reasonable commuting distance. I would have to leave my house around 4:30 AM and I would probably get home around 9:30 or 10:00 PM; just in time to hop into bed.

Woman of the Moment
Here are some photos of Jamie Frontz in bikinis. Somehow, posting photos of a woman in a bikini in the middle of Winter seems so odd and irregular.





Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home