Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Phone Calls

Phone Calls
Today has been a day for phone calls for me. This happens to me every once in a while. The Princess called me last night after I had posted the blog entry. Since the blog was posted, I am treating the call as a holdover call for the purposes of the blog.

The Princess was calling to tell me that she knew what she wanted for her birthday. This was the earliest that I can remember that she told me what she wanted.

The Princess would like to have satellite radio in her car. I think she is motivated by the prospect of driving from Atlanta to Seattle next month. I can certainly understand her desires. I have driven long distances when I was younger and sometimes went hours without being able to pick up a decent radio station.

This revelation solves the “what to get the Princess for her birthday” question.

Now, all that remains is for me to find some truly unique and so Princess-like birthday cards and then fly to Seattle for her birthday dinner.

Excellent.

My friend Sharon called me this morning. She was on her way to work. She was driving into a very bright, rising sun. I felt sorry for her.

Sharon had a question about a compliance disclosure question for me. She had to explain how her bank calculates and determines interest on savings accounts. The bank uses a method that none of the other major banks, savings and loans, and credit union use.

I suppose this approach or methodology allows the bank to stand out, in a sort of odd or negative way, from its competitors. In following this business plan, the bank creates extra work for Sharon without gaining any real benefit.

This makes no common business sense to me.

Sometimes, I am glad that I do consulting work and teach and not work for a financial institution.

Doug
Doug came up to my flat today. He had some things to do up in the South Bay area where I live.

Doug and I went to Gelatopia in South Redondo Beach this afternoon. I had the gelato and Doug had conversation with me. I had some chocolate and coffee gelato. It was very tasty and it went down very well.

After some consideration, I think I like the Glacier Gelato better than Gelatopia. Glacier’s product was more like the gelato that I remember from my trip to Italy when I was younger.

Recovery – Part 11B
I went in for my regular blood test this morning. I get a blood test before every infusion; the next infusion is Friday for me. The blood test went along very smoothly and without much trouble or delay.

I got an email from a friend of mine who lives in Washington State. He wrote to tell me about a great ice cream company, Olympic Creamery, that makes some really yummy ice cream. You can bet that I will be looking for one of their stores when I visit the Princess for her birthday.

As you know, eating ice cream is good for me now while I go through chemotherapy; that’s what Dr. Varela told Doug and me. I definitely want to follow the very good doctor’s orders.

Life is good for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home