Sunday, February 03, 2008

Recovery Part 12 - Weekend Update February 3rd

Recovery – Part 12 and the Tinglies Are Back
Well, here I am, a couple of days [two actually] since my last infusion. I feel pretty good except for the Tinglies in my fingers. The infusion, itself, was uneventful for me.

I did have my dressing changed. I have to do this weekly. The Baby Blues, Glenda and Jennifer, did the changing on Friday. I surprised Glenda by say hello to her and using her name. She was wearing her baby blue coat and mask over her mouth and nose. Glenda had her name tag inside of her coat.

Glenda giggled when I mentioned her name.

It was a nice way to start the day off for me.

One of the nurses shared the results on Wednesday’s blood test. It was a good one for me. All of the readings were well within the desired target ranges, even for the ones that are usually affected by chemotherapy. All of the results were expressed in three and four letter abbreviations so I had no idea what I was looking at when I saw the results.

My next big medical event is another visit with the oncology residents on February 15th. I should get the results of the CT scan and a better explanation of the tests.

Weekend Update
This is Merit the Server.


Merit is a fun person. She is tall; I think she is around 67 or 68 inches – 172 centimeters tall. I do like her unusual or perhaps highly styled hair. It sort of makes a nice statement.

Merit always has a very pleasant personality and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome at El Gringo.

We had some more rain today. I know it was raining at 3:38 AM because I woke up, heard the rain, and went back to sleep. It was still raining when I did some laundry. I think the rain stopped around 8:30 AM. Since then, we have had a lot of high winds. The tall trees in the park next door are swaying wildly.

Visitors
We had another good month for blog visitors. We had 1,230 visitors to the blog in January. I expect that we will have a fall off in February because there are fewer days to visit the blog.

We also had a good mix of foreign visitors this last month. We had visitors from Saudi Arabia [2], Canada [24], Poland [3], Kuwait, Turkey [3], France [10], Mexico, Germany [14], Thailand [4], Brazil [3], Iran [5], Netherlands [2], Indonesia [2], Japan [7], Singapore [2], Italy, Taiwan, Philippines [4], India [2], Estonia, Texas [4], United Kingdom [5], Finland, Malaysia [2], Ukraine, Switzerland, Bosnia & Herzegovina [2], Spain, South Africa, Australia [2], United Arab Emirates, Czech Republic, Vietnam, Lithuania, Argentina [2], Venezuela, and Ireland.

I wonder what could have interested those Iranians. I know what the Canadians were here for.

There were some visitors who came to the blog and stayed for a while. We had one visitor who stayed for 32 minutes, one for 21 minutes, two for 17, one for 16, one for 15, one for 14, one for 13, and two for 12 minutes.

I do appreciate all of you who visited the blog during your busy days.

Women of the Moment Encore
The Woman of the Moment Encore is over now. The results were consistent all month long. The top three Women of the Moment were, in alphabetical order, Sunisa Kim, Eiko Koike, and Aiko Tanaka.

Because this is my blog, I also intent to include my personal favorite Woman of the Moment, Faline Song, a very worthy choice I might add.

Teaching
I taught an extra class on Saturday. I was substituting for an instructor whose wife just had a baby. I get to fill in for him next Saturday as well. Six of the seven students in the class have been in one of my classes before so I know almost all of them.

This class is about making presentations.

Microsoft PowerPoint 101 actually.

The students have to make a sales presentation for their term project. That made sense to me. Saturday was Week 7 and they only have four weekends left to finish the projects. Only one of the students had any idea of what to do; the rest did not even have a topic in mind.

I took some time and discussed the project with each student and gave him or her some ideas on what they might write about. Now, I think they have a chance to create a good presentation and get a good grade in the course.


That was my weekend. I hope you had a great weekend.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home