Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I was only following doctor's orders.

I was only following doctor’s orders
I went to Coldstone Creamery this afternoon for some ice cream based calorie loading. Dr. Varela, the oncologist, said that ice cream was good for me while I am undergoing chemotherapy. She said ice cream is a very good source of calories. I had about eight ounces – quarter kilogram of yummy chocolate and coffee ice cream. The same as I had last week only a smaller portion today. I exercised some restraint today.

I was only following the doctor’s orders. I want to get healthy.

Doug is coming over on Wednesday and will stay through Friday or maybe longer. I think we will try a gelato place in Redondo Beach. It is closer to my flat and gelato is, after all, gelato so why not give it a try then. I think it is called Gelatoupia or something close to that. It is hard to remember names when you are driving bye the location in traffic.

Missing Blog Post
I got caught up in my Tuesday class preparation on Monday so that I missed out on the usual blog posting. I had three chapters to read and then prepare a lecture on them for class today. The preparation work usually is less than an hour a chapter. These three chapters took over an hour each and I was fairly beat afterwards.

Other Low Level Drama in My Life Today
I made an appointment to go see Amber the Stylist on February 13th to get a very soothing shampoo and hair cut. The earliest appointment that I could get was for 12:30 PM and that was the first appointment of the day for Amber on the 13th.

It must be nice to be Amber.

I sent my friend Vivian an email today to remind her to send me a copy of the photo of Lisa and me that she took on Sunday.

Ummmm, I guess that was all of the drama in my life today.

Dull, aren’t I.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home