Thursday, January 31, 2008

Another Slow Day at the Blog

Another Slow Day at the Blog
Today was another slow day at the blog. Days like this happen and one has to roll with the flow of events.

I had my regular quarterly faculty evaluation today. The Associate Dean was the reviewer. The dean did like my style of teaching and how I brought personal experience into the otherwise dull lecture. He thought that was a good technique.

Overall, I did very well on the evaluation. The school uses a rating system of 1 to 5 with 1 being Excellent and 2 being Very Good. I ended up with a final score of 1.78. I would have done much better except for a crummy grade for attendance. I had three of my eight students absent so I earned a score of 5 in that category. I think it would have been somewhere around 1.35 or so if my students showed up in class.

My department chair called me this afternoon. He wanted to know if I could substitute for a Saturday afternoon class on this coming Saturday and the next Saturday. The class is an easy one to teach and I can pick up some extra money that Doug will encourage me to use to purchase a digital video recorder. I may buy some more DVDs instead.

Oh well, there is very little that I can do about the grade since it is largely beyond my control.

I checked the Woman of the Moment Encore results for the last few days. Nothing much has changed with the three leaders. I expect to announce the top three Women of the Moment with the Weekend Update on Sunday.

I have my second infusion tomorrow. I think it should be good for me. I will have the Friday sudoku puzzle work on and Volume 2 of Journey to the West to read. I think I have around 400 pages to read to finish the volume. The Friday sudoku is rated as “diabolical.” Some days, I try to solve the puzzle and end up erasing my numbers and starting over three or four times.

I generally give up after four unsuccessful tries with the puzzle.

I went to El Gringo for my dinner tonight. This is normal for me; I like to go to El Gringo. It is a casual, low-key, neighborhood Mexican restaurant.

I had a Number 2 Combination; two soft chicken tacos, refried beans, and rice; I washed it down with an Arnold Palmer.

Perfectomundo.

Merit the Server was working tonight and greeted me with a loud, “Charles!”

“Merit, it’s so good to see you tonight.”

Just like in the television show Cheers, where everyone knows your name, except I think Merit is more attractive. I did remember to take my camera tonight so I was able to take a photo of Merit. Unfortunately, the camera batteries were almost dead after the photo. I am recharging them now and will post a photo of Merit on Sunday.

Merit introduced me to Courtney. Courtney is a server trainee; maybe I will go to El Gringo more than once a week if Courtney works at the El Gringo that is close to the flat.

I will be posting a lot of images of attractive young women on Sunday. That should help viewer traffic on a normally slow day of the week.

I was tempted to coast bye Coldstone Creamery after dinner at El Gringo. I decided that would be too much ice cream in one week.

That was my slow day.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home