Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Semi-Vacation

Semi-Vacation Time
It felt so good to sleep in this morning. I normally wake up around 5:20 AM during the week so I can get to my morning classes at school on time, unlike most of my students. Today, I didn’t wakeup until 6:30 AM. I know that this doesn’t seem like a big deal but it was to me.

I was watching the Fox News Channel this afternoon when I learned that only 5% of all Boy Scouts receive the Eagle award. That made me feel really good since my Brother and I were awarded our Eagle badges together. This was the first time in our city’s history that two brothers received the award together.

Cool.

I went by my local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf today to get a large mocha flavored ice blended coffee drink with whipped cream and caramel sauce. I did this for medical reasons, I want to keep my oncologists happy and not lose too much weight.

I was only following doctors’ orders.

I picked up some more interesting tea for the Princess and the Golfer; they ought to set in tea for the next couple of months. I also picked up some coffee, extra strong for my friend Lara and strong decaffeinated coffee for her mother. I know everyone will enjoy the tea or coffee.

Because the chemotherapy has affected my appetite, I am drinking a cup of instant decaffeinated coffee. Some days I am really hungry and some days I am not. I think it all balances out in the end.

My Brother phoned me this morning. He is going to be in Southern California next week and wanted to know if he could stay with me for a night. I checked with Doug to see if he was planning on hanging around my flat early next week.

He said that wasn’t planning on stopping by except for the next two doctors appointments. We got to talking about what I was planning on doing when my Brother is here. I said we would probably hit L. A. Food Show because he really liked it the last time he was in town and we both love the Avocado Bacon Chicken Egg Rolls. I also said that the Show has a great sundae which would be good for me to maintain my weight as I head into the eighth chemotherapy infusion cycle.

Doug thought that was a good idea.

I talked to my Brother tonight about staying overnight. He wanted to know what I had in mind for dinner. I said that we should go to the L. A. Food Show because we both love the food there, especially the egg rolls. My Brother said to order to two servings of the egg rolls because he wanted one serving for himself. That made sense since you only get two egg rolls that are cut in half for four pieces in a single order.

I got an invitation from American Express to get one of their platinum cards. I read through about eight pages of small type to find the disclosure on fees and charges. Then I got to the annual fee information; it is USD$450 a year.

I quickly lost interest, a whole lot of interest really fast.

It’s Wednesday May 28th now.

I had a sort of crummy day today. I didn’t sleep all that well last night – early this morning. Police and, perhaps, television news helicopters were flying about in the neighborhood from around 2:30 AM, when I woke up, until close to 4:00 AM when I heard the last of them.

I so wanted to go up on my building’s roof with a couple of Stinger missiles and solve the noise problem. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately for me, I was unable to do that.

The lack of sleep scrambled my plans slightly. I didn’t get all of the cleaning done that I want to accomplish today.

I ended up taking a two hour nap this afternoon. That made me feel good.

I had a semi-healthy dinner tonight. I fixed myself a large salad with a grilled chicken breast that I diced up along with a tomato and an avocado. I used some bar-be-que sauce and some creamy Caesar salad dressing for the salad. It tasted very good and it filled me up.

Tomorrow is the regular dressing change with the Baby Blues; always something to look forward to I guess.

Friday is the regular oncologist visit followed by a visit to see my tailor from Hong Kong. I don’t think Doug will be going with me to see Andy Sippy. Doug doesn’t like any of his current and he doesn’t like the idea of wearing a suit.

Oh well, maybe he will change in the coming years.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home