Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Slow Day for Me

Another Slow Day for Me
It was another slow day for me except for phone calls. Today was a day for phone calls for a change and none of them were from telemarketers which made it an even better day for me.

I had a phone call from an old girl friend Nancy. She was calling to thank me for some theater tickets for last Saturday night. Nancy and her friend had a wonderful time at the play and were very pleased that the play was a drama.

Nancy said that I should go to the theater instead of giving the tickets to her. She did have a point because the seats are almost dead center in the fifth row on Saturday night of the opening weekend. I could have exchanged my seats for a later performance but the new seats would not have been any good compared to where I am used to sitting.

It was also the day after chemotherapy for me. I knew that I would be tired and unable to enjoy the performance

I was right; I was asleep by 7:00 PM and the play started at 8:00.

Doug called while I was at the market. He wanted to confirm the time for the appointment tomorrow with the colo-rectal surgeon and then our plans for dinner. I said we would have an early dinner at L. A. Food Show. Doug thought that was excellent.

Doug and I also talked about how and when to celebrate Father’s Day. I suggested that we wait until either the 21st or the 28th and combine Father’s Day with the traditional Chuckay Dinner at Morton’s in Santa Ana. This was fine with Doug.

My Brother was the next caller; he wanted to talk to me about some family – relative business and how he became the family black sheep. Personally, I think he did the proper and honorable thing and I fully support his decision. In fact, I will be joining him as well and will probably become a black sheep as well. I was appalled at what my relatives were planning on doing.

That is one problem with families; you can’t chose who you want for a family member.

The last call of the day was from the Princess. She was calling to thank me again for the tea I took to Seattle with me a couple of weeks ago. The Princess loved all of the teas.
She shared the apricot flavored tea with her co-workers and it was almost gone on the second in the office.

Now, I don’t have to worry anymore about the flavors of tea that I pick out for her. All of them from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf seem to have been perfect.

I made a phone call today. I called to make an appointment for a haircut with Amber the Stylist. Natalie answered the phone at the salon as usual. Natalie was “just peachy” today except for the fact that she was at work. I had hoped to book a session with Amber for next Tuesday. Unfortunately, Amber was booked for next week so I will see her in two weeks.

All in all, it was not a bad day for me. I hope you had a good day.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home