Sunday, June 08, 2008

Odds and Ends and Dust Balls in the Mental Corners of My Mind

June 5, 2008 and Other Dates
Odds and Ends and Dust Balls in the Mental Corners of My Mind

This is one of those clean up postings. It is the stuff that I sometimes have skipped or otherwise felt like not including the comment or thought or whatever in the current blog posting that I was working on at the time.

I sent my friend Lisa an email on Monday about our lunch plans for Saturday. Maybe I should say my lunch plans. We did agree on the time and date but not the venue. I wonder if she will respond so we will be at the same place at the same time.

My friend Sharon emailed a couple of weeks ago, asking how I was doing. I sent her a second email to let her know I was doing very well. I also reminded her that she had offered to take me out to lunch or dinner.

I think Sharon may have lost that email because I have not heard from her.

Doug and I have the delayed Annual Chuckay Dinner at Morton’s to plan for this month. It looks like it will just be Doug and me at dinner. This is fine with me. I suppose that I could invite Sharon to join us but she will likely flake out on us.

I received an email from one of my co-workers this week. Ellen wants to get together for lunch in the near future. I will be able to do this later in the month after the next school term gets underway.

The blog passed the 15,000 visitor level at the end of May. This was a nice accomplishment for the blog.

Dinner with Merit
Dinner with Merit was great tonight; she was in a particularly good mood since it was Dresser Coin Day. I take all of my loose coin change that has accumulated over the span of a month and drop it off in the El Gringo non-server tip can. I am highly confident the cooks and the busser appreciate the drop off.

Since it was Game 1 of the National Basketball Association playoffs on Thursday and the local team was playing, the crowd at El Gringo was off. Merit came over to chat with me and pulled up a chair for “How is Charles doing update and when will I see you again?”

I said I was doing very well and I may be considered as a cancer survivor since the most recent scan could not find any traces of cancer in my body. Merit thought that was excellent progress.

I thought that I would be seeing Merit next Tuesday because of my class schedule change for this term at school. Unfortunately for me, Merit is taking some vacation time and will not be back for a week and a half or so.

I said, “I guess our next dinner will have to wait until June 17th.” Merit thought that was fine. This means that I can give my stomach a brief rest from spicy foods.

I wished Merit a safe trip and a fun time in Chicago [vacation trip] as I left El Gringo tonight.

The Baby Blues
Friday was dressing change day and my regular and last infusion.

It was also my lucky day; Glenda changed my dressing today for the first time in maybe a month or more. We talked about how happy I was to have her change my dressing; I asked about Jennifer. Jennifer had the day off; it must be nice to have been Jennifer.

Glenda cut her hair recently. She had always worn it in a long pony tail that came to the middle of her back or maybe even lower. I’m not certain how long the pony tail was because the baby blue coat that she wore covered everything.

I like the new hair look. The new hair style stops just past her ears.

When I left the infusion clinic on Friday, several of the nurses gave me hugs because I had successfully gone through a treatment cycle with them. I guess having a patient complete a treatment cycle and not have to take anymore treatments is their version of success.

Programming Notes
With the start of the new school term on Monday, the 9th, my posting schedule will, of necessity, have to change. I will not be posting at all on Mondays or Wednesdays since I am at school all day and I have to share a faculty terminal.

It looks like my posting days will be Tuesday, Thursday, an occasional Friday, and the regular Weekend Updates.

June 7, 2008 and Other Dates
Odds and Ends and Dust Balls in the Mental Corners of My Mind

I received an email reply from my friend Lisa that confirmed our lunch for Saturday. All I have to do now is show up and enjoy the food and our conversation.

I live in a building with 36 flats and one communal laundry room with clothes washers and dryer. Sharing is one of the things I bought into when I purchased my flat. I can get along with this arrangement.

I do have a problem with some of the lazy-ass, lard-ass tenants in the building who place several loads of clothes in the washers late and night and then go to bed. Fine so far because I am very likely to be sound asleep and could care less what happens at that time of night.

I get up early day; sometimes I get out of bed and sometimes I will turn the alarm off and roll over for a few more winks of sleep. I will sleep in tomorrow morning because all that I have to do tomorrow is get the Sunday paper, read, do the Sudoku which is rated as “tough,” and then toss the paper in the recycling bin.

I recycle my paper, all of the plastic that I can, aluminum, steel, and glass containers.

Lazy-ass and lard-asses complain that their wet damp clothes are removed from the washer and then left in a pile.

I put a load of wet damp laundry on top of the machine this morning when I went to start my laundry. I had no desire to wait until someone showed up; I had finished my laundry and folded it while the wet, damp pile of laundry was still sitting on top of the machine.

What are we, the ones who want to do laundry in the early morning, supposed to do? I certainly am not going to wait around until it is convenient for them to show up and removed their clothes. I certainly not going to pay for a ride in the dryer

Here is my solution; get your fat ass out of bed and take care of your problem.

Lunch with Lisa
I had lunch with Lisa on Saturday. It was at a casual dining restaurant by her house and on my home from school. I took care of some administrative matters before lunch.

I think you can conclude that we had a great time at lunch. Lunch was three and a half hours long. We talked an awful lot during the meal about our families, the bank were we both worked, our co-workers and the drama in their lives, the Cannes Film Festival and the parties, and the things we like to do like going to the theater and chocolate.

The service was not slow at the restaurant. We were in obviously no hurry to eat our meal and cut short the conversation. We decided that the food was good.

I offered to help Lisa understand why the bank’s stock had fallen so much recently. This was easy; income was down and the bank is big in real estate, not a good combination.



Lisa had a good time at lunch and so did I.

Visitors
We had another big week in terms of visitors this past week. We had visitors from Canada [10], Japan [18], Spain [7], Turkey [2], Netherlands [3], United Kingdom [8], Australia [4], Iran [2], Poland, Texas [7], India, Taiwan [3], Mexico [6], Malaysia [2], Brazil [2], Italy, Portugal, Singapore [4], Germany [3], France [9], Indonesia [3], Pakistan. Algeria, Venezuela, Finland, New Zealand, Slovakia, Vietnam, Korea [2], Saudi Arabia, Austria, Ireland, Hungary, Norway, Sweden, Chile, and Ecuador.

This week was the first time for a visitor from Algeria.

We also had one visitor from South America who seems to have discovered some of the back issues of the Woman of the Moment, based on the entry and exit pages. This visitor managed to view 106 pages in less than half an hour.

I do appreciate all of you who take out of your day or night to visit the blog.


This was my weekend; I hope your weekend was as good as mine was.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home