Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Class Reunion

The Class Reunion
My high school class had its 45th reunion on Saturday evening. It was held at a very upscale venue and I think this helped bring the attendance down dramatically from the last one five years ago. Tickets were USD$100 a piece.

I went with the intention of having a good time and maybe meeting a single woman from my class who lived locally. Unfortunately for me, most of the women there were either married or lived too far away, so long as gasoline prices remain high.

I got along very well with a number of married women who left their husbands home. I had a wonderful dinner with one of the married women and she kept trying telling her single friend that I was worth looking into because I had a great sense of humor. Susan said if she had known how funny I was that she would have spent more time with me in high school. Her single friend has been divorced for only a few years and is looking for a good man.

Several of the married women know that I am single and interested in female companionship. I think they hate to see anyone who is unmarried so they may work on my behalf and I may get some interest in me after all.

I will have to wait and see how this all plays out for me.

Missed Items

I forgot a couple of items from Friday’s posting. I must be getting older now.

One of my former students asked me to write a letter of reference for her portfolio that she will be using in her job search. This was the first time that a student has asked me to write a letter for them.

Then, on Friday afternoon, I had a phone call from a recruiter. The recruiter wanted to know if I had any interest in a job he was trying to fill. I think several other recruiters had the assignment but were unsuccessful. I told him that I was not interested in the position after he described it to me. The job would have represented a big step backwards for me and I knew that I would have been unhappy there.

Weekend Update
There was not too much to the weekend for me besides the reunion.

I spent Saturday morning and part of the afternoon working on fixing a software hang up with my Firefox 3.0.1 program. The program froze on me. In the end, I went back to a restore point and reset the program. This was more than I wanted to do. Now, I have to go back and re-enter all of my bookmarks and that is such a pain.

Today was a sleeping late morning and paper grading day for me. My grade books are all up to date and that is good for me since it is the beginning of Week 7 of an eleven week long term.

Visitors
We had a big drop in domestic visitors this month. We had less than 40% come from the United States. There were no new or first time visitors, as far as I can remember.

We had visitors from Chile, United Kingdom [6], Iceland, Germany [21], Japan [16], South Africa [4], Texas [7], France [18], Italy [3], Indonesia [6], Brazil [8], Philippines [6], Guatemala, Australia [5], Singapore [8], Turkey [2], Canada [17], Korea [5], Austria [5], Spain [9], Saudi Arabia [2], Finland [2], Malaysia [2], Greece [3], Mexico [6], United Arab Emirates [4], Netherlands [6], Norway [2], Thailand [2], India [3], Hungary, Israel [2], Iran [2], Portugal [5], Colombia, Switzerland, Egypt, Poland [2], New Zealand, Taiwan [2], Vietnam [2], Qatar, Belgium, Ukraine, Latvia, Ireland, and Venezuela.

I do appreciate all of you who visit the blog on a regular or irregular basis.


That was my weekend. I hope your weekend was fruitful for you.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home