Friday, July 18, 2008

Me and the Doctors

Me and the Doctors
I wasn’t feeling all that well on Wednesday after spending too much time at the clinic. One of my teacher friends said that I looked tired yesterday at school. I guess that I was tired after all.

Doug came out from behind the Orange Curtain to join in a trip to the clinic today. The trip was billed as a surgical consultation. It was a go over the paperwork for the colonoscopy procedure; sign the consents, pick up the prescription, and discover that the procedure had been changed from July 25th to August 1st.

I asked why the procedure date was changed. The nurse said the supervising physician would not be available. The procedure couldn’t go forward without proper supervision. That made sense to me.

I asked if the tests that I had taken had come out satisfactorily. I was concerned when the nurse said the clinic had managed to misplace their copy of my medical file. The last I wanted to do was to go through another round of tests. I knew they had a copy of my ECG printout; I handed it to the nurse.

The nurse excused herself and went to check on my x-ray results and the blood tests. She came back and said that “my x-rays were beautiful.”

I said that “was my inner beauty shinning through.”

That cracked her up and made her lose her concentration. I had her laughing for the rest of the interview. It was fun for me.

Another nurse went over what food I can’t eat during the procedure. Essentially, I get to live on clear liquids for two or three days. I am so not happy with the prospect of chicken broth and Sprite and bottled water.

Of course, I will now have to call the oncologists on Monday to reschedule my August 1st appointment with them. Hopefully, I can get rescheduled for August 8th or 15th. I suppose that I could ask for an afternoon appointment and see them after I finish and recover from the colonoscopy that starts at 6:00 AM.

August 1st will be a long day for me.

Looking Ahead
The big event this weekend is my high school class’s 45th reunion. That will be Saturday night for me. Maybe I will meet one of my female classmates who happens to be single like me.

That would be epic.

I have some grading for school. I need to prepare a lesson plan for the substitute who will teach my Thursday night class on the 31st when I am home cleaning out my digestive tract.

I had thought about going to the theater on August 2nd. I think that is not going to happen now. I will pass the tickets on to my old assistant because I know she and her daughter both love the theater.

Then, there is the usual cleaning and washing to do around the flat.


I hope you have a great weekend.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home