Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weekend Update - July 13th

Weekend Update
I did some laundry this weekend. The pile of clean clothes has been shrinking lately and I needed to do something about that.

The air conditioning system at school has been out of action for the last two weeks. It has been blowing out only cold air and there is no way to have any heat. It is close to impossible to learn when you are so cold that you cannot hold a pen.

It is supposed to be fixed this coming week. I certainly hope so.

I went to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf after the movie today for a large ice blended with half mocha and half white chocolate. The idiot barista told the mixer to use hazelnut instead of mocha. That made the drink taste like crap; no tips ever for that store. It is a convenient place to buy tea for the Princess.

Cinema
I finally got my movie viewing straightened out today.

Excellent.

I will go see THE MUMMY on August 2nd or 3rd and then I will catch STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS on the 16th or 17th. I will finish off the month, for now anyway, with the X-FILES I WANT TO BELIEVE, Mulder and Scully again, on the 25th or 26th. I suppose that there are other films coming out in August but these are the only ones that I currently want to see.

I went to see JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH today. It was a so – so film. I thought that it was an extra light version of INDIANA JONES. JOURNEY opened in third place in the United States with a box office of about USD$24.6 million against a reported cost of USD$85 million.

The film had a lesser quality and level for computer generated images. It seemed like it was made with some scraps off the cutting room floor of Industrial Light & Magic. Brendan Fraser’s character was played more for comic relief than as adventure actor. There were some actions scenes but they were not that exciting.

The film was designed to be part of a multipart series. It would appear the next film in the series will be a search for the lost city of Atlantis. At least Anita Briem is much more interesting than Rachelle Weisz and that is something to be very thankful for.

Visitors
We had another good week for visitors. The visitor count was about 50% domestic and 50% international. Nice balance.

We had visitors from Japan [14], Mexico [5], Guatemala [3], Canada [15], Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Belgium, Norway [2], France [7], Iran [4], Texas [13], United Kingdom [10], Netherlands [6], Bolivia [3], Germany [6], Russia, Singapore [5], China [5], Guam, Italy, Poland [4], South Africa, Czech Republic, Portugal, Korea [4], Thailand [5], Malaysia [3], Spain [3], Indonesia [6], Croatia, Ecuador, New Zealand, Estonia [2], Turkey [3], Brazil [2], Sweden [2], Dominican Republic, India, Switzerland [4], Morocco, Chile, Taiwan, Philippines [2], Finland, Austria, Australia [2], and Ireland.

This was the first from someone in Guam and Morocco. It is always nice to see a new face visiting the blog.

I do appreciate all of you who took time to visit the blog in the last week.


That was my weekend.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home