Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Warm and Sunny

Warm and Sunny
Today was one of those nice Southern California days that remind me why I live here. I would have gone to the beach today but part of my right arm, where the PICC Line was, is still on the raw side. I didn’t think the sun exposure would be good for the healing process.

I must have been wearing a “Come Talk To Me” sign today. I was approached by complete and total strangers in the market, Staples, and the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Three much less than interesting women approached and began to talk to me.

I ignored them which was more than they deserved.

Today was a day for errand running. It was so nice for me to be out and about in shorts and a short sleeved shirt for a change. Maybe I will begin to get some color back in my legs and arms now.

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf was one of my stops. I needed to have a large ice blended drink. Actually, I didn’t need the drink; I just wanted one because it would be very cool and taste great as I sucked on the large straw. I should probably limit my large ice blended drinks to Fridays when I don’t have to get up early on Saturday in case I have trouble dropping off to sleep at night. I should also limit my drink runs to Coffee Bean to one a week so I don’t regain too much weight.

The Princess called me yesterday on her way home from the office. She had received her Christmas in July gift from Coach. She said, “I love it Dad; it’s perfect. I’m using it right now.”

I told her the gift receipt was in the mail and that she would get it at home either yesterday or today. The Princess said she had no need for it. I like to shop for her at Coach because they always seem to have something that she will like and use. That, plus the fact she walks by the local Coach store in Seattle to catch her commuter bus making it easy to change her mind.

Simplicity in my life is a very good thing.

I also sent her husband, the Golfer, a supplement from the Los Angeles Times that covered all of the public courses in Southern California. The Golfer is a PGA teaching professional and he is likely to want to play a new course when they visit us either for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I sent Doug a message last night during my break from teaching. I had the idea of showing a film about state and local government in my classes and asked him for some suggestions. I came up with CITIZEN KANE and ALL THE KING’S MEN. I’m certain he can come up with some better titles for me.

Doug phoned as he was taking a break from helping his friend Robin move. Doug suggested that I consider MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON as film for my class choice. That was a great idea and I have the DVD on the shelf too. I checked the film and, at 130 minutes, it maybe too long for the class. Still, I think it will work for me.

Programming Note
I am not going to be posting an entry tomorrow. I will be substitute teaching an evening class in Ethics. The school must have been desperate to have gone to the bottom of the barrel to ask me to teach that subject.

I will pick up a few extra dollars; always good for me. Some of my existing students are in the Ethics class and have said they are looking forward to having me substitute. I think I should feel good about their comments.

Dinner with Merit
It is Tuesday and that means Dinner with Merit at El Gringo.

I enjoy going to El Gringo for dinner and the conversations with Merit during the meal. I wish they would scale back their portion sizes because it is way too much for me to eat. The food is good and properly prepared. I know that I could take some of my meal home but I don’t think it would taste all that well if I reheated it in the microwave oven the next day.

Tuesday is Taco Tuesday at El Gringo where you get two tacos for the price off one. I had two soft chicken tacos; I could only finish one and half of another taco. It was just too much food for me.

I had a great chat with Merit tonight that was mostly all small talk; what we did on the weekend, how Morton’s was, and other stuff like that. Nothing very exciting tonight. Some nights are like that although we did agree that I should update my photo of Merit since it is Summer now.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home