Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chuckay Celebration

Chuckay Celebration
The Annual Chuckay Celebration culminated with a modest banquet for Doug and me at Morton’s Steakhouse in Santa Ana on Saturday night. We had invited our friend Sharon but she faded and flaked on us.

That was fine with us.

This was first large meal in almost nine months or maybe a bit longer. I had regrets about my dinner although I didn’t finish all of my Morton’s Molten Chocolate Cake. I did finish off the ice cream and hot chocolate fudge sauce.

I won’t go into any details about what I ate since some readers are not meat eaters like Doug and me. We tend to think ourselves as omnivores; we like all foods.

My version of favored water is adding some ice cubes to a glass of single malt Scotch whisky and then letting the ice melt. George Carlin said the same thing and he was correct.

This is a photo of Doug and me after our dinner. Becky, our server, took the photo. We look very happy and satisfied; we should be. The meal and service were excellent.


If any readers are planning to the Santa Ana Morton’s, be sure to ask for Becky to be your server. Becky was our server and she was excellent.

Visitors
We had another week where more of the visitors came from places other than the United States. Maybe this is a developing trend.

We had visitors from Canada [18], Italy [6], Singapore [3], India, Chile [2], Germany [15], Malaysia [3], United Kingdom [3], United Arab Emirates [2], Japan [8], Taiwan, Macedonia, Indonesia [2], Iran [2], Philippines [2], Korea[4], Trinidad & Tobago [2], Finland [3], Turkey [3], Sweden [4], Austria [4], New Zealand, Texas [7], Australia [4], Spain [5], Slovakia [2], Brazil [3], Thailand [6], Lithuania [2], Argentina, Mexico [8], China, Egypt, France [7], Netherlands [5], Poland [3], Israel, Croatia [2], Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Belgium [2], Greece, Vietnam, Ireland, Nigeria, Costa Rica, and Russia.

I do appreciate all of you who came out to the blog.

Weekend Update
I celebrated and took a 25 minute long hot shower on Saturday afternoon. It was first real shower in six months for me. I would have stayed longer in the shower but I wanted to leave enough hot water to shave in.

I took the last bandage off on Saturday. I have been wearing a bandage on my arm for six months and the skin is tender and wrinkled beyond words. I have lost most of the first layer of skin and parts of the second layer as a result of the weekly dressing changes where the nurses simply replace one old with a new one.

I have taken showers but I have had to wrap my arm in plastic wrap and then tape the ends and the central seam to keep the water out. Doug was the one who taped me.

My skin is also badly wrinkled from the taping. I think it will take a couple of days before my arm returns to normal or what passes for normal for me

Me and the Cancer
July looks like it will be a month of testing for me. I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy, a MRI, an EKG, and a chest x-ray. I also have five or six blood tests, just so I don’t get complacent.

These tests should help the oncologist and the surgeons how to proceed with treatment. It would be nice to have a plan that I can fit into my life and times.


I had a great weekend. I hope your weekend went just as well for you.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home