Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Sad Day

A Sad Day
I got home from teaching last night around 10:40 PM or so. I had a blinking light on my answering machine. I figured that the message was from some telemarketer. It was my Brother; he asked me to call him if I didn’t get the message too late.

I was tired and I decided that almost 11:00 was too late to call him.

I phone my Brother this morning after I had my breakfast.

My Brother called me to tell of the passing of a very good friend of his and a friend of mine. His friend passed away on Saturday from a heart attack. From what my Brother learned from his call about the death, our friend had not taken care of himself medically and this probably contributed to the passing.

I was surprised and shocked. You tend to feel more nervous when you find people who are younger than you are passing away.

School
When I opened my school email yesterday, I learned the Government Accountability Office [GAO] will be visiting our campus next week. Our campus was selected to be the representative of the company.

Oh joy.

The school is having a special staff meeting tonight to brief the staff about the visit. Normally, I would have skipped the meeting since I am only a part-time teacher and I don’t have a reason to be at the school on Tuesday since that is a day off for me.

I decided to go to the staff meeting for two reasons; first, they will serve free pizza and soft drinks and second, because I have a Monday morning class. The GAO may visit my class and I want to be prepared just in case. Having trouble during a visit would not be a good career move for me.

Since it is an off-day for me, I can dress in my denims and wear a shirt that is not tucked into my pants. Comfort rules for me.

Programming Note
I have a bunch of tests tomorrow at the clinic. These tests are in conjunction with my upcoming colon surgery consultation on the 18th and a colonoscopy on the 25th.

I may or may not publish a blog tomorrow, depending on how long I am at the clinic and how I feel afterwards. Some days are better than others for me.

School Meeting
The meeting at school was useful. It should not be too bad for me. I am a little bummed out because the administration asked all instructors who will be teaching on Monday and Tuesday to wear the usual business attire. Normally, we get to wear business casual during the Summer.

The pizza was sort of dried out before I got to the table with the pizzas. I had some bar-be-qued chicken pizza. It was filling and that is about all I can say the pizza.


That was my day.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home