Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday

MRI Scan
I had my MRI scan this morning. It was uneventful for me for the most part. I still get a bit anxious when the MRI operator pushed the button that sent me into the scanning tube. The whole process from start to finish only lasted about 45 minutes. The only difficult part came when the operator injected a trace dye in my arm. That was on the painful side for me. Fortunately, the pain was gone in about five minutes.

Cinema
It looks like I got my release dates confused. THE MUMMY is opening next weekend. I can go see JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH instead this weekend. I will have to get up early to catch the cheap showing. Saving some money is always important for me.

Food and Drink
I got an email from Morton’s the Steakhouse today. As many of you know, Doug and I love to go there. As Doug says, anytime is a good time to go to Morton’s.

Morton’s is offering a Sunday only special for a Prime Sirloin Hamburger from now until the end of September. The photo had the hamburger served with cheddar or American cheese and sautéed mushrooms with French fries. It looked tasty to me.

Personally, I would have wanted the hamburger to come with melting Swiss cheese, some raw onions, and some fresh avocado. Now, that would be close to perfect in my mind.

I will catch up with Doug over the weekend and see if he is interested to making another run to Morton’s for what looks like a killer hamburger meal. I am so ready for it now; I could go on this Sunday.

Doug
Doug called me this afternoon because he was bored; he was waiting to get new tires put on his Honda. The old tires had lasted for 65,000 miles – 104,000 kilometers which is good for original equipment tires.

I told Doug about the Morton’s hamburger promotion. He is definitely ready to go try one of the hamburgers. I think we will be paying a trip to the Santa Ana Morton’s for a very nice lunch; maybe we can have Becky for our server again.

Doug also cleared up my movie release information. THE MUMMY is supposed to come out in August and avoid being bunched too close to another similar genre film with Brendan Fraser as well as avoiding THE DARK KNIGHT that opens next week. Doug had no thoughts on JOURNEY so I am on my own here.

Word 2007
At first, I hated Word 2007. It was just unworkable for me. Basic functionalities like font selection and font size would not work at all for me. I essentially tossed it in the recycle bin and used Word 2003.

I think that the Windows Vista Service Pack 1 may have cleared up some of my problems. I have been able to make the 2007 Version more like the 2003 Version by adding icons to a tool bar; this almost recreates the old Word 2003 tool – function bar.

Perfectomundo.

Microsoft giveth and Microsoft taketh away. I used to love the mail function in Word 2003 that allowed you to include the Postal Service bar code so the mail can get handled electronically and faster. In Word 2007, this function was removed.

Bummer.

Looking Ahead
It seems as if my weekend will be on the slow and boring side again. I may catch a movie tomorrow or not. Of course, there will be some laundry to do but no more than a load or two. Sunday will be set aside for grading papers and lesson plans.

Taken as a whole, it looks like a very nice Southern California Summer weekend to me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home