Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Day Off

The Day Off
Tuesday is a day off from teaching. Since I didn’t get into bed until 11:15 PM or so, I indulged myself with a late sleeper routine today and didn’t get up until 7:00 AM. That is an old Navy custom for sailors who had the Midwatch.

Some old customs are well worth saving; this is one of those.

I ran some errands today. I went to the market because I was low on some basic staples that included Arizona Tea Company’s Arnold Palmer Light Tea. I bought five, one liter bottle. My definition of what a basic staple is maybe different from your’s.

I was sad when I went by the frozen food aisle. Apparently, the market had suffered a power outage and the freezer stopped working. I almost volunteered to help toss out the ice cream but changed my mind when I saw one of the workers drop an ice cream carton and the melted ice cream came pouring out.

There was nothing left for me to salvage and enjoy.

So tragic.

I did some assignment reviews for some of my students. Their writing is improving and that is rewarding for me.

The school was in turmoil yesterday over a visit by some General Accountability Office auditors. We were asked to dress in our suits, just to impress the auditors I guess. That was a waste of time for me, besides being uncomfortable. The auditors never made it my class so all of my extra preparation went down the drain.

Today was a really dull day for me.

Some days are like that; we all need dull days to balance out the chaos in our lives.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home