Friday, June 27, 2008

Graduation Day

Graduation Day
Today was Graduation Day for me.

Cool.

Actually, I didn’t graduate from a university today. Graduation Day is what the nurses in the Infusion Clinic call the day when a patient finishes the infusion regimen. Since most of the Infusion Clinic patients are cancer patients, it is really important and gratifying for the nurses to see a patient no longer need chemotherapy infusions.

There are no caps and gowns or other ceremonies. The nurses gave me a hug and that was great.

One of the Baby Blues, Myrna, took my PICC line out. I was surprised at how long the tube was. It seemed like it when on forever.

Anyway, it’s out and I can take a hot shower tomorrow. I will try not to spend too much time in the shower.

My skin is slowly returning to normal. It is a dull red right now; this comes from having adhesive tape put on my arm and then replacing a week later. It is also wrinkled from being folded and taped in place.

I had a modest celebration. I stopped at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and had a large ice blended. I checked out the tea selection while the staff was making my drink. I saw some interesting teas that I think the Princess will enjoy. I also saw some coffees that the Princess’ former roommate will enjoy also.

July looks like a good month to ship coffees and teas.

I tried to take a brief nap after drinking the ice blended coffee drink because I went to bed late last night and was up early this morning. Unfortunately for me, the kids in the park next door were too busy and too loud playing to allow any napping.

I am planning to have a triple celebration tomorrow when Doug and I go to Morton’s. I will celebrate my birthday, Father’s Day, and successes over cancer so far.

This weekend is shaping up very nicely for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home