Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Day with Amber and Merit

My Day with Amber and Merit
I had a great day today. I got to spend part of it with Amber the Stylist and Merit the Server.

I saw Amber first because El Gringo wasn’t open when I wanted to get my haircut. I was past due on the haircut by about a week or so. I think Amber did an excellent job on my hair today.


Amber told me that she would be leaving the salon in the coming months because she will be graduating from college and wants to pursue a different career.

This was not what I wanted to hear. Actually, I knew it would be coming sooner or later; we all move and progress in our lives. Amber said that she wouldn’t be moving on for a couple of months. That balanced the sad news somewhat.

Being a natural planner and one who thinks ahead, I asked Amber who she would recommend to take her place. Amber suggested that I let Molly cut my hair after she moves on.

Molly makes sense to me since she regularly cuts men’s hair. She is also a part owner so she is unlikely to move on before me.

Excellent.

I came home from the salon for lunch and a trip to the market for food. The drive was really enjoyable because I was in the Prelude and I was zipping along the freeway and changing lanes crisply every now and then. I had the sunroof open and the windows down. It was a perfect Southern California day to be out in a sporty car.


I went to dinner at El Gringo. Tuesdays are my new days for dinner with Merit. I was not all that hungry but I went anyway. I was supposed to have gone to El Gringo last week but I got wrapped up in watching the Los Angeles Lakers implosion that was Game 6 of the National Basketball Association Championship Finals.

By the time I decided the Lakers had no chance, it was late and I was not in any mood to go for dinner.

Merit and I had a long chat session, mostly about her trip to Chicago and my cancer treatment and the Annual Chuckay Celebration on Saturday. It would have been excellent to have invited Merit to join Doug and me at the Chuckay Celebration.

I decided to have a couple of tacos for dinner. Merit convinced me to try a ground turkey taco. I went with a beef taco. The turkey taco was not one of Merit’s better suggestions. It was clearly healthy but it tasted on the mushy side and sort of low on flavor.

I do appreciate Merit’s suggestion since it was in my best interests.

It was a great day for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home