Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Update

Weekend Update
I don’t think my decision to go to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on Friday evening for a large ice blend coffee [coffee and shaved ice] with mocha and white chocolate and whipped cream is going to be one of my best decisions of the Summer. I picked the drink up around 6:30 PM and didn’t drink it until around 7:30.

It tasted wonderful as a dessert and refreshing end to the day.

Unfortunately, I didn’t remember until sometime around midnight when I couldn’t fall off to sleep that I didn’t ask for decaffeinated coffee in my drink. I had a miserable night’s sleep on Friday night.

On the other hand, my decision to pick up a six pack of Kona Brewing Company’s Longboard Lager on Friday was epic. It will help me work through the weekly grading tasks.

I spent two hours and change out on the balcony grading papers. That was longer than I had planned to spend. I needed a little more than one Longboard Lager. I had two Heineken’s to help me through the process.

I had a phone call from the Princess today. Actually, I phoned the Princess to let her know how my most recent visit with the oncologist went. The Princess was as pleased and happy about my progress as I have been.

With cancer, all steps are small steps it seems.

Visitors
This was a significant week for the old blog. This was the first time the blog had more foreign visitors than from the United States. The spread was 45% domestic and 55% foreign.

Fascinating.

We had visitors from Canada [20], Peru [2], Portugal [4], United Arab Emirates, Sweden, United Kingdom [16], Germany [15], France [13], Australia [5], Greece [2], Switzerland, Japan [14], Mexico [7], Texas [10], Spain [4], Korea, Slovakia, Belgium [2], Italy [4], Venezuela, Iran [4], Poland, Netherlands [2], Colombia, Singapore [4], Indonesia [4], Denmark [2], Norway [2], Ecuador, China [2], Thailand [2], Cote D’Ivorie, Europe, Trinidad & Tobago, Philippines [3], Turkey, Ireland, and Saudi Arabia.

This was the first time that we have had a visitor from Europe or European Union.

I think that I have probably missed some visitors because I don’t always check the visitor list as frequently as I should. Still, I do appreciate every one of you who took time out of your day to visit the blog.

Brilliant Idea
I went to California Pizza Kitchen for my dinner to go. I planned to have a sensible meal that consisted of one of their Original Bar-Be-Qued Chopped Chicken Salads. I also added some avocado to the salad. The salad was wonderful.

Then, I saw that CPK was featuring some Red Velvet Cake. I had missed out on the Red Velvet Cake at the Princess’s Wedding. I was on the verge of almost burst colon so I was not in the mood for food.

This is my dessert for dinner tonight.


Not a bad weekend for me.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home