Friday, September 26, 2008

Cleaning Up the In Box Mess

Cleaning Up the In Box Mess
I thought I would get started with my organization task by cleaning up my In Box Mess. I don't really have an In Box except at school and it always empty; probaly because no one sends me mail at school.

I am going to make the great sacrifice over the weekend by skipping the Tattoo Expo 2008. I know this is a significant event in Southern California. I hope the readers will forgive me for passing on it.

The Princess and I had a long talk over the weekend. I was saving this bit for my Tuesday blog. But, you all know what happened to Tuesday's blog.

Moving along.

I caught up with the Princess on Sunday after dinner. She had been working in her office during the day which explains why I couldn't reach her by cell phone. She turned hers off. The Princess is rolling out a new software program at her job that ought to improve things greatly by creating more effective management information and reports. The project launches October 1st so I hope it all goes well for her.

I wanted her to understand how Doug and I feel about the cancer condition and the future treatment plans. I think she feels better now with a broader knowledge of the medical plans for me.

Doug is proud of me, I guess, because I finally broke down and purchased a big flat panel, high definition television and Blu Ray DVD player. They are both made by Samsung. They will be delivered and set up on Tuesday morning.

Today was making appointments day for me. I scheduled the phone company to come out to the flat and fix a phone jack next week so I can move the laptop and printer back into the spare bedroom which doubles as an office for me. The move back into the spare bedroom will make it easier for Doug to work when he visits me. I also made an appointment to see my regular doctor so he can renew my prescriptions.

In preparation for the delivery of the new television set, I tossed out an old and partially broken television stand today. The flat looks a little less crowded.

I live so close to the ocean that I can hear the foghorn from the local small boat marina. I certainly glad that I do not live in one of those very expensive and fancy condominiums and apartments that overlook the small boat marina. Sleeping in the Winter, when we have a lot of fog, must be close to impossible.

No Dinner with Merit - Dinner for Dr Kwan
I phoned the El Gringo where Merit said she normally works on Wednesday again. And, again I was told that Merit was not working on Wednesday night. Normally, when I go to El Gringo, I have four small soft tacos with either chicken or beef. Sometimes, I will splurge and go with mahi mahi for the tacos.


With no Merit to have dinner with, I ended up at Bob's Big Boy in Torrance. My Brother and I have been going to Bob's Big Boy since we were in elementary school and that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. We even had dark hair then.


I had a dinner that would make Dr. Karen Kwan happy. Dr. Kwan is the oncologist who is always nagging me to gain a little more weight while I keep telling her that I need to drop a few more pounds. I had a larger dinner than I normally would have had because I had no lunch on Wednesday.

I started off with a small bowl of chili and beans because that sounded like a very good idea to me. The chili was good but not as good as the chili at The Original Tommy's Hamburgers.


Then, I had my favorite, the Big Boy Combination. It was almost as I remembered it to be except for the fact there was no paper wrapper on the hamburger anymore. Still, it was good.


I finished my dinner off with an Oreo Ice Cream Mud Pie slice. This is a pie that is made with crumbled Oreo cookies, then filled with chocolate ice cream and covered with hot fudge topping and some whipped cream.


Perfectomundo.

I hope the good doctor is happy but I doubt that she will be because I went back to light eating on Thursday.

Le YoGurt and Treats Shop
I finally visited my friend Gloria's yogurt and ice cream store on Wednesday after school and after I went far behind the Orange Curtain to visit Doug.

This is not the run of the mill, strip mall yogurt store. Gloria went way beyond the norms and created an unusual and very inviting place to visit. She hired a local artist to paint murals on the malls. I really liked this feature because I am not much of a fan of the sterile looks that some of her competitors feature.

Le YoGurt has a WiFi setup or at least access to the Internet in the store. This seems to be a growing trend with the younger set who have a very high need to be connected to the Internet.
As for me, I can go unconnected and feel very happy.

Many of you know that I love chocolate ice cream. Gloria's chocolate ice cream was perfect for my tastes; a very nice rich and cold scoop of chocolate ice cream. I had my ice cream straight up, no additives or toppings.

I can't say much about the yogurt because I didn't try any. I did the notice the half dozen or so people that were having yogurt were enjoying themselves.

Gloria asked me if I went to The Original Tommy's Hamburgers in Westminster for lunch when I saw her. She knows that Doug and I love to go to Tommy's. I said not today.

Actually, it makes so much sense to consume a Number 1 Combination or a Mega Combo meal and then head north on Magnolia, over the 405, and then turn into Gloria's strip mall location, Magnolia and Heil, for some stomach calming yogurt or ice cream.

Perfectomundo.

For those of you in the Southeast Los Angeles County or North Orange County, you can find out all you need to know by visiting http://www.myspace.com/leyogurt.


There, that empties out my mental In Box for now.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home