Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend Update - September 21st

Weekend Update
Well, here I am back typing my post at Blogger.com instead of using Word to create the posting. I don't like using blogger.com because it is not as flexible as Word plus it has a smaller dictionary that does not allow you to add your own commonly used but obscure words. I like to add words to the dictionary.

I have been using this method, type in Word and then cut and paste into the post for over two years now. This approach worked just fine last Sunday. I know because I made my usual end of the weekend posting.

Then, on Tuesday, I couldn't make a post to save my life. My Tuesday posting was rejected because there was an HTML error. I made no changes with my laptop between Sunday and Tuesday. I posted a comment on the Blogger error page on Friday but have not received any sort of assistance or response.

My Brother asked why I wasn't posting in the blog when I called to wish him a happy birthday.

I wonder if any other reader noticed. Based on the entry and exit pages, I don't think so.

Oh well, life is not at an end now.

Me and the Cancer
Doug and I went to see the colorectal surgeons on Friday. This was a follow-up visit to my colonoscopy. The visit more or less confirmed my status as being Stable.

As Doug said, Stable is good. It certainly beat the alternative diagnosis.

I will put up a longer and more detailed posting after my next visit with the oncologists on October 3rd. I will go back into a low level chemotherapy maintenance program on October 6th. I don't particularly like the idea of going back into drug [pills] treatment plan because I will have to take seven pills a day.

Bummer.

The Baby Blues must have really enjoyed their Fairytale Brownies because they all sent me and Doug a very nice thank you card. I really appreciated all of their efforts to make my chemotherapy treatments as pleasant as possible.

Visitors
We had another good week for visitors with 492 unique visitors, compared to 463 from last week. That was nice. The mix of visitors, foreign and domestic, was about even.

I do appreciate all of you who take time from your days to visit the blog; even if you are only visiting the archives for past issues of the Woman of the Moment features.

The Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Store
My friend's frozen yogurt and ice cream store opened on Friday. I sent my friend a box of red and gold M&Ms candy with message of "Good Luck" on each candy. I know she enjoys and likes chocolate just like me. I just hope she won't be too upset with the almost two pounds of chocolate candy.

I will visit the store on Wednesday after my morning class. If I get a hard slap, then, I will know that my good luck gift was not well received.

University of Utah Football

Last week, our, that would be the Princess and me, Utes won on the road. They played Utah State University at Logan, Utah. It was not much of a game unless you were a Utah fan because out Utes won by a score of 58 to 10. The Utes moved up to a record of 3 and 0 and were ranked nationally at 20 in both of the polls.

This week, our Utes played the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. This was the first Mountain West Conference game for either team. This is almost always a very close game. The Utes went into the gamer as a seven and one half point favorite. Our Utes came through for us and won by a score of 30 to 23 in the final seconds of the game.

The Utes are now showing a record of 4 wins and 0 loses and 1 and o in the conference. They may move up in the national rankings since four teams that were ranked higher than the Utes lost on Saturday.


I suppose that I could have written more but nothing very exciting happened to me. I hope you had an exciting weekend.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home