Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This is really important stuff.

This is really important stuff.
I went to my friend Lisa's house for an early Sunday dinner. I had a great time there. Lisa's husband cooked some really great spicy chicken sausages and ribs.

My contribution to the meal was a couple of bottles of Coppola Pinot Noir wine. Everyone at dinner, except me, had some connection to the filmed entertainment industry. I though the wine from Francis Ford Coppola was a logical choice. As I explained the wine selection to Lisa, I said it was theme wine.

Ahhhh.

That wasn't the really important stuff.

The important stuff was that I arrived after the suggested arrival time of 3:30 PM in the invitation. I showed up around 4:00. This was a real change for me since I am usually on time or I should have been around 3:30.

It felt good for me to arrive when I did. I wasn't tense or nervous or bothered by arriving later than I usually would have arrived.

Vanities
Vanities is the name of the musical I saw on Saturday night.

I enjoyed the play and would recommend seeing it. The play is a musical version of a drama that has played off and on Broadway for years. The play is about the lives and interactions of three women as they move from high school into adulthood and beyond. The musical was performed in one act and starred just three women. That was expected.

The part that I liked the most was what I think Doug would call the second act. This section of the musical took place when the three women were about to graduate from college. The women were talking about selecting new pledges for their sorority, Kappa Kappa Gamma, at a Texas university.

The Princess would appreciate that since she is or was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gama sorority at the University of Utah. She also acted as an advisor to the sorority chapter when she was in graduate school at the University of South Carolina.

The musical finished its run in Pasadena on Sunday. Now, it moves on to a Broadway opening later this year.

The Pasadena Playhouse announced its 2008 - 2009 season recently. I am not all that excited by the decision to feature plays by and about women for the entire season. The next play is about Ann Landers, the advice columnist; I think Lisa will be going to the theater a lot more in the coming year.

Odd and Ends
My new big screen television was delivered this morning. I bought it at Best Buy and had their employees set it up for me. Having them do the setup was a brilliant idea on my part. They were in and out in less than twenty minutes.

I now have to have the cable company come out and replace the cable converter. Even with the old converter box, the new picture is epic.

My friend Gloria appreciated my comments that I had about her frozen yogurt and ice cream store.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home