Wednesday, October 01, 2008

"I want to try a purple rinse, Charles."

"I want to try a purple rinse, Charles."
That was what Molly the Stylist said to me when she was about half way through with my hair cut or styling as Molly likes to say.

I had all kinds of thoughts racing through my mind. Would I end up with blue hair like those little old ladies have? Would the purple rinse cause my hair to fall out? Would my student laugh at me tomorrow at school.

I felt brave and agreed to Molly's request. I did have a viable, workable backup plan. I could always go back and ask Molly to shave my head. Obviously that is a harsh solution and one that would be with me for a long time. Still, a bald head is much better, in my mind, than having tinted hair.

One of my students in my morning class today has tinted hair. She is a female so tinted hair generally looks good on women.

I really do like the job Molly has done on my hair. She is the first stylist in maybe twenty years to get my hair correct. Of course, I did tip Molly nicely and I will be seeing her more often than I saw Amber the Stylist.

Typing about Amber the Stylist, Amber graduated last night from college. I am guessing that she will be out looking for a more rewarding job [higher paying] than being a hair stylist. And, she is likely to be moving on soon.

Natalie the Receptionist
Natalie the Receptionist called me yesterday afternoon to remind me that I had an appointment with Molly at 1:00 PM today. I recognized the call because my cell phone has the Salon in my directory.

I always enjoy our brief talks and wish we could have had a longer talk. I wanted to know what new excitement had entered her life. Natalie now works in the spa section of the Salon so I don't see her all that often.

Maybe I will see her when I go in for my next appointment with Molly on October 31st or Halloween.

I wonder if Molly or Natalie will be in costume on the 31st.

Prepping for my time with Dr. Karen
I went in for my blood tests this afternoon. It was not too bad except for the screaming children. I picked up some donuts for my morning class; I needed to add a pound to weight so Dr. Karen won't get upset with me too much.

The truth is, Dr. Karen always seems to be overly concerned about my desire to lose some weight. This is understandable since I am a cancer patient.

Oh well, I will say that I will try harder to gain some weight when I see her on Friday.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home