Saturday, October 04, 2008

Dr. Karen and Me

Dr. Karen and Me
I had my now, regular appointment with Dr. Karen on Friday.

The appointment had a routine air about it. There was no new information for her to give, aside from my blood test results [all good]. We talked about my visit to the colorectal surgeons and their plans for my treatment. Since any surgery is a year away, I started my low level chemotherapy maintenance on Friday.

Dr. Karen said that my liver and kidney functions were all fine and within the normal ranges. Even my diabetes readings were in the normal range in spite of having more than one Dr. Karen meal recently. Dr. Karen was confused until I explained that a Dr. Karen meal was one that was high in calories so that I could maintain my weight.

She smiled broadly.

Now that I had her in a good mood, I hit her up with desire or plan to lose some weight, about ten pounds or so over the next few weeks or months. Dr. Karen agreed with my plan so long as I took the weight off slowly.

I can do that.

Then, we got around to answering any questions that I might have. I was curious to know where she went to college, University of California, Berkley, and where she went to medical school, University of California, Davis. We also talked briefly about college football

That makes her a NoCal Gal [Northern California Woman].

And, that, gentle readers, was my day with Dr. Karen.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home