Sunday, February 08, 2009

Rainy Weekend

Rainy Weekend
It looks like I will have a rainy weekend. Rain is much better than snow for driving.

I don’t have any plans for the weekend that will require me to wear anything more than a clean but unironed casual shirt and jeans. Sunday is my day to go to the market and no one dresses to go to the market.

Excellent.

I went out and picked up some address pages to go inside of my old address book. The address book is fairly pathetic looking. Calling it a disaster is being charitable; I have taped its spine several times. I think I have enough blank address pages to last me for several years; maybe even longer. I have even received some replies with information. Now, all that I have to do is enter all of the addresses.

Last Sunday, I tuned into a Japanese language television show called The Rookies. It ought to last another forty to fifty weeks or longer. I will probably become a regular viewer. The plot line looks simplistic and linear. The show is about a high school teacher who has to overcome a personal challenge while facing a professional one at his new school. The title makes sense since the program revolves around a disgraced high school baseball team’s redemption.

The show has some good points. Since it is set in a Japanese high school, there are lots of scenes with females in school uniforms with short skirts. Two of the teachers are young females; one of whom knew the central character at their prior school. The other female teacher dresses as if she was on her way out to a late night party and appears to have a somewhat trashy reputation. This teacher has shown some interest in the central character in the first episode so I expect that one of the subplot lines will revolve around whom the central character will want to be with and the competition for his attention.

While I was watching the high school show, the station broadcast previews of a samurai drama that will start this Saturday. The samurai drama looks promising and I will tune if only out of curiosity. This drama will probably last a long time as well.

One of the benefits of these dramas is their long broadcast life. If I happen to miss one episode like I will in February for the limited Douguary dinner and the one in March when I visit the Princess in Seattle, I can always catch up quickly.

Perfectomundo.

I had one of of those annoying warning lights go off in the Prelude on Thursday night.
I took the Prelude into the Honda dealership on Saturday morning to find out what the light meant. The service advisor said one of the brake lights was out. It was a USD$2.00 light bulb but I didn’t want to run all over town looking for one and then trying to figure out how to put it in.

Since I was at the dealership, I had them put it in along with changing the oil in the car. It did need an oil change. I killed the waiting time by reading the paper and reading one of my new course textbooks.

I watched the samurai drama last night. It is set in the Warring States period in the 16th century. I recognized some of the lesser but historical characters’ names in the episode. This comes from watching several of these historical dramas over time. I feel confident that Tokugawa Hideyoshi, I think I have his name right, will appear towards the end of the series.

They series is called The Helmet of Love. I’m not certain how that will fit into the overall scheme of things. I just don’t see a match up with the period and the concept.

I left my self control and discipline home when I went to the market this morning.

While I avoided buying some brie cheese and a sourdough bread loaf, a healthy combination when the brie cheese is melted over the sourdough bread with a dab of Dijon mustard, I lost all control when I was in the frozen food aisle. The store was having a sale for their private label ice cream with a buy one cartoon, get one cartoon free promotion. I picked up a cartoon of chocolate truffle ice cream and a cartoon of coffee chocolate chunk ice cream.


That was what passed for my weekend. I hope you all had a good weekend.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home