Thursday, February 05, 2009

Researching the Lost Ones

Researching the Lost Ones
Today was visitor traffic reports from Sitemeter.com day.

The month of January was worse than it seemed to be. We had 1,909 visitors to the blog. That was a nice number but not in comparison to December when we had over 3,500 visitors. This last week was one of the lowest in blog history at 36.

The Asian visitor traffic has held up fairly well. It is steady with a good geographic dispersion. I have never had much of a following in South America and I still do not. Europe was where the big falloff in traffic has been. I think I only had two or three visitors from Europe.

At one time, in January in fact, I had wondered which I would reach first; 1,000 blog postings or 50,000 visitors. Based on how the volume was tracking, I was thinking that I could hit both by the middle of the year.

Obviously, that is not going to happen.

I am at blog posting 902 [this one]. I have a chance of reaching 1,000 posts by mid-year. 50,000 visitors is a dream for me.

Other Stuff
It looks like I will have a quiet weekend. I have no tutoring or mentoring sessions scheduled.

Oh holy irony Batman!

I just received a promotional email from Palm with offers to purchase a new Palm PDA. After my last experience with their Z22 model, I don’t think so. I have adopted a simple pocket calendar that only requires me to turn the page to the proper date and a pencil to record the activity. No batteries to replace or recharge and it is Y3K compliant already.

Perfectomundo.

Doug called today to check in on me. He hadn’t spoken with me in a couple of days and wanted to know how I was doing. I told him that things with me were pretty steady and quiet; not too much happening in my life at the moment.

Of course, my life could get very complicated if I find a female companion. After all, I did get a comment on my Friendster page from a young lady in the Philippines who looked young enough to be too young for Doug to date this morning.

Please do not ask me why I have a Friendster page; it is a very long, long story.

I found out that my photo on the Friendster page had been viewed at almost 40 women.

I also found out that people want to add me as a Friend and I have never even had an Instant Message chat exchange with them. Maybe there is some status with or among Friendster members by having lots and lots of Friends.

Fascinating.

We are having a light rain today. It will rain enough to make the roads really slippery and mess up the finish on the Prelude. It will be cooler, 60F or 15C.

It’s Southern California. This is Winter for us.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home