Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Update - March 15th

Weekend Update
Here it is; the end of the week and what do I have to say for myself?

Not very much actually, I think. I only wrote down three or four items to talk about on my note sheet.

My Saturday morning class was somewhat of a disappointment for me. I was missing twelve students including some who slept in and did not wake up in time. This is unfortunate for them because those students get pushed to the bottom of pile when it comes to job placement assistance. The job placement staffers give the highest priority to those students who come to class on time on a regular basis. Of course, those who come to class on time are very happy that they are in the front of the line.

I like the staff’s attitude. If you can’t to get class on time, how will you be able to get to work on time?

That seems perfectly reasonable to me.

My proposed Writing Clinic got approved on Friday. The academic side of the school is pleased with my initiative and they hope it will succeed. The students that are coming out of high school now have such poor and almost nonexistent writing skills that I wonder how they passed the state exit or graduation examination.

I know the Writing Clinic will not solve most or even a small fraction of the high school educational failures that were swept under the rug. This is the result of social promotion and an apparent lack of accountability and concern by a large group of suspects.

Oh well, there is no sense in getting myself upset or worked up over something that I had no hand in creating.

On a more pleasant note, I did see Paulina Garces today when I was channel surfing while my laundry was in process. I went .500 in viewing today; one program was a new one and one program was an older one. I did visit her web site and I downloaded a few images of her that I apparently either overlooked or missed or they were recently added to the site.

Anyway, here are some more Paulina images.



The visitor traffic is continuing to return the former levels. So far in this month, the blog is about 400 visitors ahead of the entire month of February. This ought to be a very nice month for visitor traffic.

We did have a visitor to the blog from Wasilla, Alaska, the home of Alaska’s governor and former Vice Presidential candidate, Sarah Palin. I thought that was an absolutely fascinating bit of trivia.

The blog traffic is still favoring foreign visitors by about 6 to 4. Some days it is more and some days it is less. It all balances out in the end.

I did go to the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf for another large ice blended. Tihana was there and made my drink. It was perfect as usual. She asked why I haven’t been coming around as much as I used to. I had a simple explanation; my blood sugar was significantly elevated when I had my last visit with Dr. Karen.

We talked about the blood sugar reading. Dr. Karen suggested that I ought to cut back on my consumption of both Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s ice blendeds as well as the Arizona Ice Tea Company’s Arnold Palmer drinks.

Reluctantly, I mentally agreed to do as Dr. Karen asked me to do.

She was correct; she was only thinking about my health. Maybe there was an element of professional pride since she stabilized my cancer and she didn’t want me to go down the drain from some other cause like diabetes.

Oh well, cutting back is hardly the end of my life as I would like to live it.

There are always sugar free, raspberry filled, dark chocolate candies that are rich in flavinoids [I think that is how you spell the word. The Nutritionist would know for certain.] to take the edge off of my taste buds.


That was my weekend. I trust you all had wonderful weekends.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home