Thursday, March 12, 2009

Odds and Ends and Visitors

Odds and Ends
I got an appointment notice yesterday from the hospital. I am going to see the colorectal surgeons again; this time in April. Hopefully, they will have their act together. The last time, they couldn’t find an important report.

So much for inspiring me to have confidence in them.

I phoned Doug about the appointment and he said he would probably come to the hospital also since the appointment is in the early afternoon.

As some of you know, I teach several English writing courses at school. Because of this work, I am always looking for example of horrid English grammar and writing to show to my students. I found one last night as I logged off of my computer. I was installing some Microsoft downloads.

The screen said, “Do Not Turn Off Your Computer.”

While not bordering on horrible, it struck me as being awfully archaic sounding and stilted. It has a stiff sound to it when you read the sentence aloud.

I think it would have been written as, “Do Not Turn Your Computer Off.”

Anyway, I am certain that the gnomes at Microsoft know what they are doing.

Visitors
We had another good week with visitors. Last week, we had 751 visitors who viewed 1,095 different pages.

Impressive and much, much better viewing results.

Most of the visitors are now coming from Asia and Europe; just like before the big drop off in viewership. They are visiting two pages almost exclusively; just like before.

I do appreciate all of you who take time from your daily activities to visit the blog.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home