Monday, February 28, 2005

email surprises today

Hello again gentle readers.

It was a day for email surprises for me.

I received an email from a former co-worker Barbie Doll. Barbie Doll was asking me some questions about a movie she had seen and was really curious about. I had to forward the email on to The Big Guy and maybe to his friend The R. They are Film Studies majors in college and they should know the answers.

Moving onward, it looks like I will be an extra in The R's student film. He was looking for some older people and with my grey hair and ability to walk with a cane, I was a natural.

I'm ready for my close-up now.

My favorite and only ex-wife Preppie called me last night during the Oscar television broadcast to thank me for getting her a roast prime rib dinner to go from Morton's on Saturday. She loves roast prime rib and Morton's does it so very well. It was a thick slab of prime rib, probably between 16 and 20 ounces - 450 to 570 grams or so, cut from the center of the roast along with a baked potato and chopped bacon to add to the potato along with some butter.

When I first got my DSL connection, I would disconnect when I was finished with my online activities. I was concerned about the security of the computer. Fast forward about four years, I hardly ever think to disconnect anymore. I should also add that I maintain my firewall, anti-virus, spam blocker, and anti-spyware programs religiously. I did disconnect last night after being online for eight solid days. The disconnect was so I could reboot the laptop after I added a bunch of system updates from my friends in Redmond, Washington.

The Big Guy used to be an IBM kind of guy but now he has gone over to the Apple World and I wonder where I lost him. Maybe it is the Film Studies major that caused the transformation. His sister, The Princess, is still an IBM queen, probably because she was a Marketing major for her undergraduate degree as well as her MBA.

Tomorrow, I am going to a free half day seminar on predictive analytics. Yes, I know most of you have no idea what I am talking about here. The big plus is the seminar doesn't start until 8:30 AM with breakfast and the program ends just before Noon. I can sleep in an hour longer tonight - tomorrow morning. By the time I get to the office, half of my day will be over. Sweet. But, I will still have to make up some of my lost time away from the office.

Since there is no NFL football on television for another seven months, I will drift off and do some reading before calling it a day.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home