Sunday, February 27, 2005

life is good today

Hello gentle readers.

Life is good today for me.

Firstly, I am having a bad hair day. When you get to be my age [rapidly approaching 60], having a bad hair day is a great event because it means you have hair on your head that is bad today.

I was in the market yesterday for the weekly food purchase. I saw a guy with an incredible comb over. A comb over,for those you who do not know is when a bald person, usually a man,grows the hair long and then combs it over a bald spot. It started at the back of his head and went forward, up and over the top. I snickered to myself as I thought about how he would handle being outside in a stiff breeze.

Secondly, it is not raining today for a very nice change. This has been the wettest year in over one hundred years. Granted, it was not shorts and tee shirts weather but it still was very nice. I was out on my balcony, reading, while I enjoyed a cigar The Girl Friend gave me for St Valentines Day. It was a Romeo Y Julieta from the Dominican Republic. I haven't smoke this brand before today. It was a very nice, rich cigar that I enjoyed for about 90 minutes.

Earlier today, I was looking through the weekly television schedule that comes with the local Sunday newspaper. I was depressed because the local channel that shows Star Trek Enterprise is showing back to back episodes of America's Top Model instead. I have no idea who would watch the other show so that will leave me with more time to read.

Last night was the traditional birthday dinner for The Big Guy. This was the twelfth version of gorging ourselves on great beef and lobster at Morton's, The Steakhouse. The Big Guy invited his friends Evelyn and Rob. It was a really great dinner. Going to Morton's is not something you can do every week, as much as we would love to do that. On the plus side, I did sleep very well last night and my full stomach probably contributed to the sound sleep.

The sound sleep was probably a leading cause of my bad hair day.

Tonight, my dinner will be much, much lower key. I think I will have a bowl of soup and a couple of slices of French bread with melted Brie cheese on them.

I think I will go off and do some useful and productive things before I fritter away part of my evening watching the next episode of The Immortal Yi Shoon-Shin. The show is a Korean language period drama, set at the end of the 16th century. It is in Korean with English subtitles. I got hooked on these dramas about four years ago when I started watching Wang Guhn. This series was about the person who united the Three Kingdoms and unified the Korean peninsula under one ruler.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home