Thursday, March 03, 2005

I needed to chill yesterday

Hello again gentle readers.

It is, I, your faithful blogger.

Yesterday was one of those really really ugly days that deserved to be forgotten. It did not rain here. We had what I would call a heavy mist; nothing that an intermittent windshield wiper couldn't handle. No thunder. No lightening. No high winds. No earthquakes. Just a heavy mist.

You would think the local drivers could handle a heavy mist after having driven through almost three feet of rain. This was clearly not rocket surgery here now.

Boy, was I ever wrong.

Our local drivers froze up like a deer caught in the headlights. They had to slow to a bare crawl. It took almost two hours to cover what I can normally do in an hour and 15 minutes. Oh yes, there were no accidents on the road that caused any delays.

Oooops; full and fair disclosure time. I did see the car next to me get rear ended by a driver who was busy on her cell phone. I could see her, in my side mirror, chatting away, not paying any attention to anyone but herself.

But after being on the road for an hour, I said screw it and kept on driving. If I had done the proper thing and presented myself as a witness, I would have been stuck for God knows how long and I was tired and hungry and cranky.

All I wanted to do was get home, have dinner, and then put on my comfy jammies and relax. I did just that and I felt much, much better.

Now, I am over the people who can't drive their gas guzzling, road hogging SUVs on anything except a bone dry pavement with no wind and good sunlight.

I still need to do my relaxing stuff because The Girl Friend says it is good for my health to rid myself of stress. So I am off to relax and read before toddling off to bed.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home