Wednesday, March 02, 2005

the week is half over

Hello gentle readers.

I don't know about you; but, my week sort of went by so far in fits and starts. One day things seemed to be moving fast and the next day events made a glacier look like it was moving at Warp 5.2.

Oh well.

Friday is a day to look forward to. It is donut Friday; I buy donuts for the office on the first Friday of the month. I have my special orders and requests for calorie bombs and calorie grenades from the clerical staffers; one wants a chocolate covered custard filled one, another wants an apple fritter, another is looking for a big cinnamon roll, and the fourth just wants anything that is glazed.

I also buy a box of donuts for the parking lot guys that valet park my car. I think of this as an investment in protection for my beloved Honda Prelude. The Prelude turned 315,000 miles on Sunday after the big Douguary Dinner celebration.

Maybe I should put a disclaimer on the office donuts that I am not responsible for any of the foreseeable consequences of indulging in the food. Some of the obvious consequences would be sudden clothing shrinkage and boyfriend/husband upset.

I got an email from the Barbie Doll today. She was surprised that I had not seen the movies she had questions about. I love the cinema but I can't go see every film out there. There are about new 300 or 400 films available to see each year. That would mean I would have to see 7 or 8 films every weekend. I would like to try to accomplish that but The Girl Friend is very likely, no will, object to that serious cut back in Chuck-time.

The Girl Friend says that her Chuck-time is the best time of the week for her. That time ain't too bad for me either.

I have to cut this blog short. The Girl Friend is coming over for dinner on Saturday and I need to clean the place up a bit.

Bleeeek.

I am going to try something new for dinner. I am preparing stuffed pasta shells with a shrimp and lobster alfredo sauce; plus a sort of Caesar salad, wine, and some dessert from the local Italian deli. I think it should be a perfect meal.

Tune in to the same Bat Channel and the same Bat Time on Sunday for the food and wine reviews.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home