Tuesday, May 17, 2005

hello all

Hello everyone.

Actually, it's more like "hello you gentle band of bloggers."

My trip yesterday to the company headquarters was successful, except for the crummy three plus hours I spent on the road. Driving in traffic is never any fun. Plus, it was hot for most of the drive and then it got cloudy and humid when I got to San Diego.

The company likes what I have done and it going to go to the Board of Directors for approval next month. I think the approval is a formality since most have been asking where is the work and when will it be ready.

The bad consequence of the program acceptance is the company wants to have all of the training completed in a month or less. This means creating and developing training materials and holding the classes. One of the major challenges will be getting some of the trainees to read the materials in advance of the sessions and then to pay attention to the presentation that will last all day.

I will be the one who does the presentation. Just like being back in the classroom except I get paid more than a teacher does.

I took a couple of meetings yesterday and finished up around 5:00 PM. I walked a block to my hotel and changed clothes into something casual after a nice long hot shower. I could have gone for a swim in the ocean if I had brought my swim trunks along with me. That would have been nice except for the sand and stuff on the beach.

I had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was a very slow night; only a handful of the tables were in use and the service still was slow. Waiting ten minutes for a simple glass of ice tea was a bit much. My bacon cheeseburger was good and the fries were hot so that was a plus. It could have had a thicker slice of fresh onion; a full slice would have been an improvement.

I had to cancel a meeting that was scheduled for today because of the trip to San Diego. It is now rescheduled for Thursday. It should be no more 45 minutes long unless I can't explain how the customer can benefit from a simple program.

Tonight is the last night of the Super Chocolate Power Hour on Chapman Radio. As I mentioned before, the on-air cast are all great friends of the Big Guy. I think I am the parental voice of near reason from time to time. I made my last call in tonight; I got in a head of the Big Guy.

Speaking of the Big Guy, I need to give him a big shout out for his epic blog post on Monday [yesterday] at http://skeetonmischa.blogspot.com. I really need to learn how to put in links and photos the way he does. The Big Guy had a great butt shot of Eva Longoria that was taken at Cannes in the Monday blog post. The photo is worth the visit to the blog.

I phoned the Girl Friend to see how she was doing and talk with her about this upcoming weekend. Mostly, the conversation was a monologue from her about things she doesn't like. My name never ever came up except to say she can hardly wait to see me again.

I understand what her troubles are and how to fix them easily. I don't think she wants to take the practical and easy solution. She would not be happy with a simple and highly workable solution so I will be the smart Boy Friend and say nothing unless asked for advice.

If I say nothing, I can't get in trouble now.

I did not sleep all that well last night in San Diego. The bed was firm like I like beds to be but the air conditioner was noisy. I am going to go to bed early tonight because I have a lot to do at work and not very much time to do it in.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home