Sunday, May 15, 2005

Weekend Update

Hello blogistas

Here is your long awaited for Weekend Update. Actually, it was a slow weekend compared to last week.

All weekend start on Fridays. It being Friday the 13th, you just knew something bad was going to happen.

My bad events happened on my way to work. I was nearly hit twice on the drive to work as two less than attentive drivers tried to change lanes without looking for other traffic. I will admit traffic was light but not that light.

I was lucky and the traffic gods were with me. Maybe it was the Force.

Anyway, moving on to other items.

Vivian the Administrative Assistant Princess [not to be confused with The Princess] was at work when I arrived at 6:35 AM. This was way, way early for her; she was in because of the Cannes Film Festival activity.

She asked to walk with me to get coffee. How could I say no? Any man would be very happy to be seen next to Vivian. She is tall and Asian and looked stunning in a close fitting sweater and low rider jeans. There is nothing a very attractive woman to make a man feel good. Besides, Vivian had made my lunch reservation.

The meeting and lunch went very well I think. We covered a lot of ground in the meeting and we continued it over into lunch. For the record, I ate healthy until dessert. I had a cup of cool tomato soup with celery and parsley. It tasted excellent. Then, I had what the restaurant called a California Cobb salad; it is a very large bowl of lettuce with chunks of chicken, tomato, bacon, avocado, and crumbled blue cheese.

For dessert, I ordered a chocolate raspberry tart with chambord sorbet. Those of you who are regular readers know of my love for chocolate. Instead, I was served a banana custard tart with carmelized bananas on the edge. It was good so I polished it off. One of the group suggested that I send it back to the kitchen. But, since I was more than half way through it, that seemed unreasonable to me.

The Big Guy called me with a research question for one of his papers. He also told that three of his instructors said he did not have to turn in the big project and that he was receiving an "A" in their classes. I told I would do an online search through my college library and see what I could find. I was able to find over 350 articles in a five second search. I emailed him six articles that would allow him to finish off the paper easily. When we talked later, he was really happy because he could easily finish off the paper without having to stretch anywhere.

The Big Guy and two of his friends are going to a concert tonight, lcd soudsystem. Whoever they are, courtesy of Dad's American Express frequent spender points.

My tailor from Hong Kong was in town to pick up orders. I have been buying from him personally since 1972 and from his company since 1968. I have never been disappointed with any order. I met one of my co-workers, who I had introduced to the tailor earlier this year, at the hotel.

It was such a nice way to order a suit. I told him what sort of material I was looking for and what colors. He handed me three books of clothing swatches to select from. I was finished in about twenty minutes with two suits and three casual dress slacks. I passed on ordering shirts, my co-worker ordered five shirts.

I went shopping with the Girl Friend on Saturday. She wanted to buy me some causal shirts and stuff but wasn't sure about sizing, colors, or patterns. It was a near emotional train wreck for me. Like many men, I am particular with what I wear. I was taking my time and considering things carefully. She was continually urging me to consider colors that I would never ever wear. Finally, she decided to go look at shoes while I picked out my shirts. I made three nice selections in about ten minutes.

When she returned, she was very happy with my choices. She should have stopped there but she dragged to the fragrances in an effort to get me to buy something. I don't like that sort of stuff; I rarely wear it. I don't want to smell like a pimp.

Then, we went back to my house for dinner. I cooked fresh halibut in lemon and lime juice [preventing me from catching scurvy] and a spinach pasta with a four cheese alfredo sauce [bottle].I sauteed some asparagus with olive oil and served that with an olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard sauce with capers and a diced had boiled egg.

The Girl Friend loved my cooking. She did leave the design on the plates and that was thoughtful of her.

After dinner, we watched my Korean historical serial show. She is even to the point of recognizing some of the characters and the plot lines.

The Girl Friend told me how much she had missed me [it was only a weekend] after the Korean serial was over.

Sunday was a slow day for me. I slept in until almost 9:00 AM but then I was out until just after 1:30 AM so I guess it all balances out.

After I read the Sunday newspaper, I took my Prelude in for a car wash and polish. It is almost 17 years old and it still look good. Besides, it gets great gas mileage and it is paid for now.

Then, I came home and had my lunch and then read on the balcony while I smoked a cigar.

It is getting close to my dinner so I will end here. For the record, I am having leftovers from last night.

Tasty.

I am not certain if I will have a chance to post a blog tomorrow night. I have to go out of town to the bank's head office on Monday and Tuesday and I don't know about the hotel's Internet connection.

Be well and stay happy.
be well and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home