Thursday, May 12, 2005

Is it too soon for a "best of blog" posting?

Hello gentle readers.

I was having one of those mental slows because I had trouble coming up with a title for tonight's effort at writing.

In theory, a "best of blog" posting makes sense. In my case, I am just not sure I have anything that could be called a "best of." I have tried to be fresh and breezy with my ramblings. I don't try for jokes because I know that some of you out there are not from Southern California and might miss out on the inside jokes.

For examples, maybe I should write where I live as Southern Kallifornia, the way our Governator Arnold pronounces the state name.

I played the good dad tonight. The Big Guy wanted to go see a concert put on by "Rilo Kiley." Please don't embarrass me by asking who or what that is or are. I have no idea. I burned some of my American Express frequent spender points to pay for the tickets. The Big Guy calls them "free tickets." I like to think in terms of pre-spent money tickets. Anyway, he is happy and I'm guessing so are two of his friends.

About a third of the office left to go to the Cannes Film Festival so it was very quiet this afternoon. When your business is financing movies, being at a major film festival makes real good business sense except that I did not get an invite to go. That's probably because I don't work in film finance.

I was talking to the Big Guy this afternoon about the Saturday screening of the Robin Brown film, Johnny Benson's Adventure on the Blogosphere. The Big Guy said I should probably wait until the guys put together a combination Bento Production screening of all four films that were made by the members of the group. The Big Guy said some of the student films were screaming train wrecks and not worth watching. Since he is a film studies major with good grades, he should know.

The Big Guy suggested I spend more time with the Girl Friend this weekend instead.

When I told the Girl Friend we would not be going to see my big performance, she giggled and said, "Yummy, more Chuck time for me." If I don't have a great weekend, it won't be for lacking of willing accomplice or the Girl Friend's fault.

Tomorrow will be a good day for me. I have a late morning meeting that includes lunch on the company. The Administrative Assistant Princess made reservations for us at a very nice restaurant in Beverly Hills. Maybe I will see someone famous there.

As the week of blogs draws to a close, the weekend is shaping up very nicely. I get to see my tailor from Hong Kong, spend time with the Girl Friend, smoke in the sun on the balcony on Sunday and generally enjoy myself.

So until the Sunday Weekend Update gentle readers, be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home