Thursday, May 19, 2005

I feel like a teacher tonight

Hola Blogistas.

Well, it is Thursday night and that is very good.

Tomorrow is Cannes Donut Friday. Normally, I only celebrate Donut Friday on the first Friday of the month and tomorrow is obviously not the first Friday of the month. Since half of the office is away, those of us that are still there need some sugar to keep going on.

Well, it does sound nice and sort of noble.

I feel like a teacher because I spent the day doing a lesson plan. I have to conduct a one day training session on business lending sometime between now and the middle of June. I do know where the session will be held and that I am the main attraction or presenter if you will.

So far, I have my main points outlined and the time schedule placed alongside of the topical subject matter. Assuming everyone is fully prepared before the session starts like the participants will be told to do, I should be finished in the scheduled time.

But, I know from prior experience that one or more of the attendees will show up unprepared. At least one will ask questions simply for the joy of hearing their voice and contributing nothing except to prove they may be depriving a village of its idiot.

Tomorrow, I will work on the PowerPoint Presentation and then I will finish up my lecture notes over the weekend.

One of the other film finance lenders and I went to make a call on one of their major customers today. It was what I call a "Rodney Dangerfield" business call. Their other bank was showing them no respect. We came up with a solution to their service complaint or disappointment in less than a week; actually, it took me only a day and a half to complete the solution. The guys from the client were very pleased with the simple effectiveness of my solution. Now, the major players need to negotiate all of the details before anything can go forward.

I have to take my Prelude in for major service and that is four hours out of my Saturday morning. The dealership usually has some crummy program playing on the waiting room television. I can do my lecture notes instead and be creative.

I will miss the FA Cup match from England on Saturday morning. I had entertained thoughts about getting up early and watching the match from an English ex-patriot community pub. The thought of bangers and mash with warm beer at 6:00 AM just struck me as being oh so wrong. Now, I won't feel guilty about missing the Cup match. I do hope Arsenal prevails over Manchester United.

This weekend is likely to avoid the near train wreck I experienced just a few days ago. For one, the Girl Friend and I are not going shopping. I have theater tickets for Saturday and she is taking us out to dinner at what she thinks is a very fine restaurant. I will wait and see.

We will see either My Fair Lady or Smoky Joe's Cafe. I have see both musicals before so there are no surprises here. I could go look up what is playing I will wait until I show.

Sunday is Episode III day.

All of which means my Weekend Update on Sunday will likely be on the thin side. I suppose many of you will be out watching Episode III this weekend as well.

Be well and stay happy and "May the Force be with you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home