Monday, August 15, 2005

125th Blog Posting

Hello again gentle readers. It was a nice Monday for me aside from the phone ringing almost all day long. Not that often but it sure seemed liked it rang a lot today.

This is my 125th Blog Posting.

I know this is not very many posts in the grander scheme of things. It does mark a personal milestone for me. When I started with the blog, I had my doubts as to whether or not I would keep it up and whether it would be interesting enough to draw other readers. Thank you for coming out and giving me the silent encouragement to toss out some posts about life and how I see it.

The Big Guy and I were talking were talking about blogs. His is close to a year old or maybe older by now. He is thinking about taking a long term break from posting. That would upset some of is readers. I think he gets a couple of hundred readers a day. Of course, we write to different audiences. We also have different writing styles; I check my spelling, grammar, and punctuation. The Big Guy prefers a more free flowing style where you sometimes have to make an educated guess at the word in the line.

Today is also my 950th SETI search. I have donated over 17,400 hours of computer time. Too bad there is no tax deduction or tax credit for that. None of my searches have produced anything but random space noise. I think you would have heard by now if one of my searches had found intelligent life.

Although after DUKES OF HAZARD and DEUCE BIGELOW EUROPEAN GIGOLO, I am not certain any intelligent life out in the cosmos would want to contact us right now.

It was Day 21 in the building next door non-deconstruction work. I did see the lonely security agent walk around the empty shell of a building this morning. When I left the office to go home around 5:00 PM, I saw the security agent asleep in his or her vehicle.

It must be difficult to stay awake on that job. There is nothing happening all day long.

I was reading in my ISP vendor’s homepage today. There was a report that Seattle held its annual Seattle Tattoo Convention this past weekend. That would be a scary set of sights if you ask me.

Can you imagine what people looked like at a convention that celebrates tats of all shapes, sizes, colors, and designs? I know I couldn’t and I really do not want to even consider it for the slightest moment, not ever.

Yesterday, I did not check my email so there were over 70 emails in my inbox when I got into my office this morning. Five were emails that I wanted to receive. Seventeen were jokes of various types from a friend. And the rest, the rest was spam and junk. That does not say much for our civilization does it now.

We are having our annual monsoon season now. It is really crummy because we get all of this moist, tropical air from the Gulf of Mexico and Gulf of California that creates thunderstorms, rain, and hail. Fortunately, I have only suffered from humidity but that is uncomfortable enough as it is.

Oh well, life happens and we all manage to survive and struggle on. I think I will as well.

Be well and stay happy gentle readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home