Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Big Guy comes through

This is going to be a short blog tonight because I was so busy at work today that I did not have much time for any observational humor. I even avoided the organization’s gossip sources. I was productive

Day 13 – and there was some activity at the building next door’s deconstruction site. An equipment rental company came and picked up their large excavator and hauled it away. Other than the dust that was “blowin’ in the wind,” nothing much happened.

The Big Guy came through academically this last semester. He made the Dean’s List. This is the first time he has done this. Dad was proud. He told as he read a letter from school that started out “Dear Dean’s List Student.” So much for personalization. Still, this was way cool.

The Balancing Checkbooks blog reached some milestones this past week. I went over 1,000 visitors and I picked up my second comment. I did reply to the comment.

When I first started out with the blog, most of the viewers came from the Eastern United States. Now, the Western United States represents the largest concentration of readers. I also have some readers from Western Europe, Southeast Asia, China, and Australia. I could be wrong because the time zones only give me a vague idea of where you are located.

On the subject of readers, the Princess told me that her all time best friend is a regular reader of this blog and the Big Guy’s blog. I wonder why this is. Oh well, maybe she has a need for observational humor.

I write my ideas down on small post-it notes so I can remember all of the interesting observations during the day. I have growing stack of them on the side of the printer. It will be interesting to see how big of a pile of post-it notes that I can create.

I am going to go off and do some work I brought home from the office before I go to bed gentle readers. I will be back tomorrow night for sure with a plan for the weekend to share with you.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home