Tuesday, August 02, 2005

More wedding stuff

There was more to say about the wedding than I could fit into the Weekend Update yesterday. This should close out the wedding for now.

Of course, there are other things to mention as well.

Does this sound wrong to you?

I was at the Management Retreat Dinner last Wednesday. It was at an aquarium. One of the hors devours was candied, smoked salmon on a skewer. That just struck me as being so wrong. I got over my pangs of conscience and only had three of the salmon skewers. They were very tasty.

I submitted the first write up of a loan for one of the new programs for approval on Friday. I hope to get an approval tomorrow or Thursday. That would be real nice.

Today was Day 12 in the building next door non-deconstruction work. I wonder what happened. The place is a mess with rubble and debris all over the place.

I had no voice mails when I got into the office today. I had one missed call but no messages. I had no emails beyond two company ones, one vendor conference invitation, and one junk mail today. I had no US mail or interoffice mail. I guess that is not too bad. If you recall, I was out of the office yesterday, flying into Los Angeles.

I also have no chance of going to the conference in Orlando in September.

I did not see last weekend’s episode of The Immortal Yi Soon-Shin. The Big Guy taped both episodes for me but I forgot to pick up the tape when we got back to his house after our flight on Monday. We need to figure out how I will pick the tape up. Right now, I am thinking about Saturday morning and maybe include lunch somewhere.

I was reading the Big Guy’s mammoth blog posting on the wedding early this morning. I discovered we both noticed the servers at the reception on Sunday. I was particularly taken by a blonde server who looked very Swedish while he was intrigued by two others. At least, I can agree with his taste; it is good.

I tossed out a comment about noticing the servers on his blog. When I came back online at lunch time, I found some other reader had made a comment about the Reinhardts’ generational ROSHOMON like blog posting about the servers.

How cool is that?

I don’t think I could live in Seattle. Sure, it is green even in the Summer. There is hardly any snow. Yes, I know it rains for forty days and forty nights sometimes. It’s the street names or lack thereof that would get to me.

All of the streets in Seattle seem to be just numbers.

199th Street – or Place – or Way. That has no excitement at all. My street is called Camino Real, Spanish for King’s Highway. That is stylish. Numbers are nice for the cell phones.

Is 197th Place a nicer street than 196th Way?

I have no idea. Maybe the streets were named by an auditor or accountant or someone who works at Microsoft since computers use numbers. Maybe the person who named the streets didn’t want to have to buy lots of replacement signs for streets with cool names.

On a related topic, the Big Guy was wondering on the plane ride to Seattle if they sold maps to rock musicians’ homes like they sell maps to movie stars’ homes. He was thinking of checking out where the Blood Brothers lived. I thought a map would have places like “here is where so and so overdosed” and “here is where so and so died.” We did not go on a tour of musicians’ homes while in Seattle.

We got to the airport in plenty of time to catch our flight home yesterday. We were early because the Princess’s flight to Atlanta was earlier than our flight. We wanted to make sure she got to the terminal in plenty of time because flying is her least favorite thing to do. We pulled up right in front of the Delta baggage check-in so she did not have to lug her suitcase around or very far. That was one less worry for her.

We killed time by reading and watching people. The Big Guy also worked on his jokes and his observations that went into his blog this morning. I mostly watched people. I noticed that wearing tattoos in Seattle seems to be a sort of normal thing to do for adults and young people. I can understand a Marine getting a tat of the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor easy enough; that is almost part of being a Marine. Maybe when I get old or if I find a female from Seattle as a girl friend, I will be able to understand the tats.

The flight was smooth to Santa Ana. It was about 30 minutes longer than the flight to Seattle. I don’t know why since Southern California and Seattle did not move further apart while we were up North.

One of the bad things about flying into Santa Ana in the Summer is the family vacation crowds. The airport is closest one to Disneyland and our flight had lots of families and children. There was a small girl who kept shaking the tray table on the seat back next to mine. She drove the woman next me almost crazy. The woman next to me had to turn around twice to ask the girl to stop shaking her seat back.

I think it was the grandmother who started to say something to the woman next to me until I turned around and glared at her. I wasn’t bothered by the girl. I was just really annoyed that the grandmother had so little care, concern, or consideration for others.

Typing about consideration, I spent part of last night helping a Chinese MSN Messenger acquaintance find companies that her employer might sell to in the States. I hope the leads I found will prove useful for her.

She promised me a big hug and a small kiss for helping her; all I have to do is visit her in Shanghai sometime. Oh well, I don’t think she has to worry too much about having to give up a hug anytime soon.

I think I will go off and read my mail that has accumulated over the last few days.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home