Thursday, August 04, 2005

Weekend Preview

The weekend is almost upon us and I am so looking forward to it. But, there are other things to talk about.

This is a plane ride on Monday holdover. The Big Guy was zoning in his new Chuck Klosterman book and his i-Pod so I don’t think he caught this vision.

There was a middle aged businessman sitting across the aisle from us and up one row. He had his laptop out. It was hard not to notice what was happening since there was no film on our flight. All he did for about forty minutes was open and close file folders and scroll through old email messages. He also popped in and out of spreadsheets that were a gazillion pages long.

Why?

Did he think we would be impressed by his ability to open and close file folders? I think not. Hell, I can do that and I am not Microsoft wiz. Maybe he wanted to show off his laptop play toy and show everyone else how cool he was.

News flash buddy: A seven pound laptop is not cool anymore. Everyone knows that, duoh.

Today was Day 14 at the building next door. We had some more activity today. Another equipment rental company came and took away their crane. All that is left is a very lonely security officer and the dusty debris.

Oh yeah, and the ugly skeleton of a once beautiful building and two forlorn potted palm trees on the roof.

Work was particularly good today for me. I got my first loan memorandum under a new credit program approved today. This will make a lot of people happy at the bank. I was happy too.

I phoned the old girl friend today and left her a message. She is almost always out of her office. Besides, I usually phone her when she is still on her way into her office. She rides a train into work.

Yes, I know that may sound strange, almost bizarre. But, even in Los Angeles, the car capital of the known and unknown worlds, some people ride the train to and from work everyday. I think I would suffer from car separation anxiety if I rode the train to work. I would feel guilty if I left my car at the station.

I was calling to tell her when the next play that I invited her to go with me will be, October 1st. I also invited her to our company picnic on October 15th. We will see what develops here.

I phoned the Big Guy this morning to set up when I was going to go pick up The Immortal Yi Soon-Shin video tape. I suggested Sunday around noon so we could go grab lunch somewhere. I asked him to tape this Saturday’s show since I may be at the cinema with the old girl friend.

This way, I am covered if she says let’s go to the cinema or I can go see another film by myself if she is busy. Either way, I am completely covered.

Perfectomundo.

I hope the weather improves and we get some sun at the beach this weekend. I was thinking of cooking on my bar-be-que on the balcony and the idea of cooking in a cool, damp, breezy environment does not make me happy. I hope to cook a bunch of steaks and chicken; I got a big discount coupon to my local market in the mail today. I figure I can cook enough food to last me for a week or more at dinner.

The weekend be looking mighty good to me now.

Be well and stay happy and I will see you on the Weekend Update on the 7th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home