Thursday, September 22, 2005

Weekend Preview

The weekend is here gentle readers and I am more than ready for it. This week at work seems to have just dragged on and on forever. This is going to be a short blog tonight I think.

Non-Deconstruction Day
Day 48 was just like Day 47; nothing happened today. It was warm and sunny with a light and steady breeze blowing, great Southern California weather.

Ice Cream Social
The building management company sponsored an ice cream social if you will today. They provided make it yourself sundaes with a choice of either vanilla or chocolate ice cream and a dozen or so topping to slop on to of the ice cream.

I walked over to the ice cream event with the operations manager from the office. We had to bring back servings for those who were in the office. We had to guess what the others would want on their sundaes. I think we did a good job because no one complained.

Contrary to my usual approach, I took vanilla ice cream. The chocolate ice cream ones looked sad and melted. The chocolate ones just did not look appetizing to me at all. I did glop on chocolate sauce and caramel sauce along with some chocolate chips and miniature Reese’s pieces.

It was very nice and a wonderful way to end Summer.

Earthquakes
Southern California had two earthquakes this afternoon.

The earthquakes were centered maybe 150 miles and a bunch of kilometers away in the southern portion of the Central Valley. The first earthquake was a 4.0 on the Richter Scale and the second one was a 4.9. They were only about 40 seconds apart. The epicenters were only a few miles apart.

Only Vivian and I felt the earthquakes in the office today. The building rolled or seemed to take on a rolling motion for maybe five or six seconds and that was it. We were far enough away to experience no real impact beyond the idle office conversation of “did you feel the quake?”

I suppose if I had been closed to the epicenter I would have a much different opinion.

Krispy Kreme donuts
I had a left over donut this morning with my morning coffee from the local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf store. I was not expecting the donut to be too tasty after spending the night in the staff room refrigerator. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted after I reheated in our microwave oven for about 10 seconds.

I exercised restraint with only one donut. One of the others in the office helped himself to two. I guess he was hungrier than I was.

Utah Football
I watched my Utes win in a conference match with Air Force tonight. The final score was 38 to 35. The game was closer than the score indicates as Utah made a couple really poor defensive plays that allowed Air Force to score.

Air Force is one of the stronger teams in the Mountain West Conference. They always play well against Utah. The last eleven Utah – Air Force football games have been decided by an average of only four points. Utah is now at 3 wins and 1 loss for the season and 1 and 1 in the conference.

I had spoken to the Princess on my way home from work tonight and we talked about the game. She wasn’t sure if the game was going to be broadcast in Atlanta or not. I think she probably got to see Texas A&M and Texas Tech play tonight.

Weekend Plans
I plan to get my car washed this weekend. It is looking really seedy now with the mud residue from the rain on Tuesday.

I need to do some cleaning around the house and I may get in some reading while I wait to go pick up Sharon for the steak and lobster dinner on Saturday.

Sunday is shaping up to be a cinema day with THE CORPSE BRIDE and the LORD OF WAR as being the first choices.

Do enjoy your weekend gentle readers and I will be back here with a weekend update on Sunday.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home