Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Short Day

Pathfinder service
The Pathfinder is all fixed now, except that it needs to be washed.

All it needed was a new battery. The old battery was about 74 months old. I got a partial rebate on the old battery warranty so I saved about 25% on the cost of a new battery. Saving money is always a cool event, even for me.

I phoned the Princess to let her know the Pathfinder was fixed. I figured she would be concerned about it since she drives it when she is in town. She was out so I left her a message.

I burned about two hours this morning between waiting for the Automobile Club emergency services driver to show up and jumpstart the vehicle and the time at Sears for them to put in a new battery.

Plus, I had to reset my clock and the radio because of the power outage when the battery was replaced.

Job Searching and Interviewing
Today was another good day for me.

I spoke to the recruiter who emailed me yesterday. She was looking to find someone who could develop training programs for a large regional bank. She needed someone who understands commercial loan and commercial real estate underwriting [I do], teaching [I do], and managing others [I do]. I think I surprised the recruiter when I had all of the experience and training she was looking for.

She asked me to send her my resume so she can push it forward up the decision tree at the bank. I emailed it to her so it will be on her desk tomorrow morning. She seems anxious to move this along so she can finish it before she goes on vacation on Friday afternoon.

I will see what happens here.

I had an email in my inbox from another recruiter asking if I was interested in talking with them about a banking job in Los Angeles. I replied and said I was interested in talking with them. I also attached my resume.

This email left me wondering how a recruiting company in Louisiana could land a job search for a Southern California bank. I guess I can ask when they call me tomorrow hopefully.

Some blog posts are shorter than others. Today was one of those days.

Live well and play hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home