Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy New Year

Happy New Year
Happy New Year gentle readers.

Yes, I know it is the Lunar New Year. But, why should I pass up a perfectly great opportunity to celebrate and party?

My Weekend Non-Events
I supposed that some of you managed to read my Weekend Preview from last Thursday that had some of my plans for things to do this weekend.

I was going to go to an art gallery show opening, hit the Original Tommy’s Burgers with Doug for a farewell to the Mega Combo meals, go to the cinema, and meet with my dean about the dissertation.

All of those plans went down the drain when I came down with a bout of stomach flu or distress.

The only place I went this weekend was the bathroom and often.

I could have spent the weekend there but it is very difficult to talk on the phone when the exhaust fan is running loudly.

I was popping Pepto-Bismol tablets like they wear pink M&Ms. I think I swallowed enough chalk like stuff to coat a blackboard.

The Pepto-Bismol tablets were labeled as chewable. Great; so why did the box say let the tablet dissolve on my tongue? Screw dissolving; I wanted relief now so I chewed those little suckers and swallowed them in small chunks.

The art gallery show opening is now behind me and I can not make up for lost time. H. G. Wells wouldn’t rent me his time machine. If I did rent the time machine, I could certainly straighten out a lot of messes in my life.

Can’t worry about the past anymore.

I will be meeting with the dean on Tuesday evening so there will be no blog posting for Tuesday. My meeting with the dean is at 6:00 PM and should last an hour or so. The drive home is a good hour. I need to eat so dinner sucks up another hour plus of my time so that puts me at 9:00 PM or later.

By now, I haven’t even checked on my email nor done any online chatting yet. Actually, my online chatting should be down for the next week or so. The majority of my regular conversation partners are Chinese and they will be offline with their families for the Winter Holiday following the Lunar New Year.

I did not see any films this weekend. I did not want to get caught in a crowded theater when I had to make a quick exit. Hopefully, MATCH POINT will still be in the cinema next weekend. Doug said it is a great film that is well worth seeing.

If not, there will be DVDs on sale soon then.

Doug and I had planned to make a pilgrimage of sorts to the Original Tommy’s Burgers, in downtown Los Angeles, for a farewell meal of Mega Combos on Saturday after the art gallery show opening. The pilgrimage has been rescheduled to next Saturday with the time to be set this week.

Doug may need the trip since he goes back to school after being off for just over a month. It must be nice to be Doug and have the time off.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with a Mega Combo meal, it is three hamburger patties, three slices of cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and chili in a very large paper wrapper. You also get an order of French fries covered with chili and melting cheese and a very large drink to wash it all down. It is the only meal you for the day.

The Tommy’s out in the O.C. has sit down, inside, seating while the Original one only has stand up, outside in the weather, eating next to the parking lot.

Great for atmosphere if you favor auto exhaust fumes.

The Girl in the Short Skirt and Ugg Boots
The girl in the short skirt and Ugg boots from last week maybe just so much of a distant memory by Monday morning for me. Her company appeared to be moving out of the building during the last part of the week.

Obviously, I will miss seeing her; she always smiled at me when we passed in the building hall. Of course, she could have had a bad case of gas instead.

Coz Class Girls
The cosmetics class girls took a step to a higher level on Friday when I saw one young woman who had colored one half of her black and the other half blonde. Her hair was parted in the middle and divided by colors.

I wonder how expensive it would be to have your hair colored like that. How much time would that process require?

I guess I will have to live the rest of my life not knowing the answers to those questions.

OK everyone, I am over not knowing the answers.

Sharon
I finally caught up with my friend Sharon on Friday. It was one of our better phone calls.

Sharon is finally over her case of pneumonia now and is able to return to work. Although returning to work may not be all that wonderful since she has an evil boss who was probably pissed that Sharon’s doctor told her to stay home and rest and get well.

On the plus side, Sharon did confirm that she will be going to the traditional Douguary Dinner at the end February. Sharon also invited me out to dinner, at her expense.

Excellent.

That was nice and something for me to look forward too. Unfortunately, with Sharon’s complex schedule of weekend events and working late during the week, it may be a while before she takes me out to dinner. Still, it is something to look forward to.


That was my weekend gentle readers. It is a short update because most of what I did you really don’t want to know about; you’ll just have to trust me on this one.

Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home