Monday, January 30, 2006

He's Alive

Chuck’s Alive
Yes, gentle readers, Chuck is alive today. He is making great progress towards a full recovery.

Anniversary Date
Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the blog. I tossed up 234 posting and, surprisingly, they all stuck which is amazing.

There have been around 2,400 total visitors over the year. Obviously, some of you are regulars and you know who you are.

I do appreciate your continued support and hope that you find this interesting reading. If you find what I have to say interesting, please pass along the blog’s address because I can never have too many readers.

If you do have a question, go ahead and post it as comment. I will answer them eventually.

Errant Visitors
I have had some errant visitors over the year. Most of those who stumbled in here in error were probably looking for help in balance their personal checking accounts or wanted to reorder checks or something like that.

The Princess
The Princess called me this morning. She was looking for some information and did not ask for any money. Always a wonderful conversation for a parent; those of you who are parents or will be parents, please take note of this event.
The Princess was looking to get a birthday gift and wanted Dad’s opinion. I gave her my opinion and offered some further suggestions that would broaden the depth of her answers.

I found out she went out on Sunday night with a new name, Mark. Mark works for Cingular doing something. Either I didn’t listen that closely or we had a crummy cell phone connection on Verizon or my stomach was growling.

It is a small world even in Atlanta. Mark knows 17 Beer David [there’s an unshort story that I may tell you all one day]. 17 Beer David is the current boy friend, I think anyway, of the Princess’ roommate.

Doug
The Big Guy called today to see if his father was among the living. I told him that I was recovering nicely and thought that I would be ready in all respects for another run at the Original Tommy’s Burgers this coming Saturday.

We talked about whether to have a lunch or a dinner meal. Doug ended up saying lunch would be fine. It works well in my schedule.

Next Saturday will be our last meal at Tommy’s for a long while.

Tour de California
Did you know my home town is the final leg and finish line of the first Tour de California bicycle race?

Yes, it is. The race is in February and ends with a sprint type of race in Redondo Beach on February 26th in the middle of day to afternoon. The course will be close to the ocean so it should be nice.

I had thought about walking down to watch the race until I read in the newspaper that the city was expecting around 50,000 or more fans. I had no idea there were that many bicycle racing fans locally.

Time for me to rethink that decision.

At least, I still have almost a month to figure out what I will do. There is a NASCAR Nextel Cup series race in Southern California on the 26th also. Most likely, I will be writing on my dissertation.


Be well and stay happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home